Sr. Continuous Improvement Engineer
Location: Wilsonville, Oregon
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Continuous Improvement team focuses on driving hard financial savings through the improvement process of opportunity identification, quantification, execution, and reporting. This role is responsible for all aspects of the project process with a prioritization on execution and completion to reduce costs 4% year-over-year. This individual will work with a cross-functional team to effectively implement engineering solutions to complex technical and business problems. Best practices and standard work will be developed and deployed as needed for each of these responsibilities. Work will be completed according to TE Connectivity’s SOPs within ISO 13485 and/or 21 CFR 820 environments.
- Execute, support, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Lead and participate in cross functional teams to solve problems using Lean, Six Sigma, and other analytical tools
- Ability to communicate technical information to cross-functional teams and translate user requirements and process changes into a financial analysis
- Draft, and execute change control orders, supplier change requests and supporting documentation
- Drive projects and initiatives with project management skills and with a sense of urgency while balancing the needs of the business
- Develop clear and actionable project charters that detail out project objectives, cost savings opportunity, resource and capital requirements
- Build cost models to quantify savings of future projects
- Draft and maintain best practice documents and forms for project and financial tracking
What your background should look like:
- BS Engineering/Computer Science/Physical Sciences Degree
- Problem-solving skills that translate objectives into production implemented solutions
- Demonstrated success identifying and implementing opportunities for improvement across a range of process and/or functions
- Positive, adaptable attitude that thrives in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Highly effective written and verbal communication
- Financial analysis and/or reporting experience
- Proven success working with cross-functional groups (Engineering, Operations, Finance, Commercial, etc.)
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and negotiate alignment with stakeholders
- Excellent technical and interpersonal communication
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- Embraces and drives change for improvement
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement or other technical based team activities at multiple site level or a multiple value stream level
- Data analysis (Excel, PowerBI, Minitab, etc.)
- Experience in drafting and implementing equipment/process validation documents (TMVs/MVPs/IQ/OQ/PQ)
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- P&L financial understanding
- Risk management and change control
- ISO 13485 or FDA 21 CFR 820 experience
- Experience with high mix/low volume, operator dependent processes
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $85,900 - 128,900 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets