Director Quality Systems - Remote
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Director of Quality Systems is responsible for the strategic and operational activities pertaining to QMS and initiatives within TE Sensors. The ideal candidate ensures alignment with global strategic initiatives related to regulatory quality and compliance. The Director of Quality Systems will enable the organization with the right quality metrics throughout the lifecycle of the product - from new product development to field reliability and customer support. This position will also be the central interface for customer issue escalations and driving accountability in the root cause analysis and corrective action preventive action process.
- Development and leadership of TE Sensor Global Quality Management System
- Lead and oversight of Deviations, CAPAs and Change Control processes; partnering with global functions (Operations, Engineering, Advanced Quality & Reliability)
- Lead the development of a risk management process to prioritize and support continuous improvement, change interventions which support QMS and compliance processes
- Drive mitigation strategies within organization to support key performance indicator improvement
- Lead quality efforts to develop process, structure and tools that ensure communications are comprehensive across TE Sensors
- Drive the overall evaluation and effectiveness of quality processes and systems throughout the global TE Sensors organization and partners through:
- Metrics management and improvement recommendations
- QMS process and systems effectiveness
- Quality and Risk Management program
- Audit support
- Lead strategic customer quality business reviews
- Review customer contracts for quality and field reliability performance requirements and identify any unique customer specific requirements while implementing processes to enable
- Point of contact for strategic customer escalations representing TE Global Sensors
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators and quality metrics dashboards
What your background should look like:
- 15+ Years' Experience in various quality roles with increasing responsibility (Operations management experience preferred)
- Bachelors in Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science or other scientific field
- Lean/ Six Sigma Black Belt
- Familiarity with audit procedures and risk management
- Strong knowledge of business area and interactions with strong regulatory environment and ability to identify and proactively the interactions necessary for achieving business goals and objectives
- Ability to identify proactively and anticipate risk of non-compliance in a complex environment
- Practical operational experience of working across disciplines and across multiple regions. Experience working within a global team framework and a multi-cultural environment.
- Acts as a positive change agent and is highly adaptable to changes in the work environment; manages competing priorities and demands
- Strong learning and development orientation and mindset including facilitation, content development, organizational diagnosis and measurement, driven to grow and develop self and others
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and advanced presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent meeting management skills, including design, preparation and facilitation
- Excellent organization, time management and project management skills, able to balance multiple projects and initiatives
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $157,600 – $236,400 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets