Location: El Cajon, California
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Quality Control and Reliability Teams ensure product and / or product components comply with specifications and quality standards. They test and inspect products against performance and integrity criteria to ensure product quality and reliability, and to determine the suitability of product release.
Duties and Responsibilities
▪ Follow general inspection guidelines to conduct critical visual, dimensional, mechanical and possible functional inspections on a wide variety of machined and “off-the-shelf” components
▪ Read and understand blueprints, industry and company standards, military and federal specifications and standards, and company procedures for inspection purposes
▪ Annotate and file test reports, dimensional reports, parts history files/logs and check lists as required
▪ Interface with engineering staff, QC and/or QA Manager on interpretation of blueprints and obtaining disposition of rejected items
▪ Contact vendors as needed concerning rejected items
▪ ISO – Be aware of Company’s QMS Policy; its relevance and importance in daily activities and strive to continually contribute to the achievement of the quality objectives
▪ Coordinate tools/equipment for calibration. Correspond with calibration labs and update Calibration system as needed
▪ Perform incoming inspection on component parts and materials
▪ Provide Final Inspection support as needed
▪ Submit suggestions for gages and inspection tooling needed
▪ All other duties as assigned
Tools & Equipment Used
▪ Calipers, micrometers, thread micrometers, groove micrometers, surface plate, bore gages, gage blocks, height gages, gage pins, thread gages, etc.
▪ Optical comparator, stereo zoom microscope
▪ Non-contact vision inspection system (RAM Optical)
▪ Various manufactured parts and assemblies (assorted metals, glass reinforced epoxy (GRE), rubber
▪ Silicone and other lubricants
▪ Ink and ink solvents
▪ Isopropyl alcohol
▪ Dry ice (with proper safety equipment)
▪ CMM experience desired
What your background should look like:
▪ High school graduate or equivalent
▪ Minimum of 3 years’ experience/work history directly related to quality
▪ Technical experience background preferred (familiarity with machine blueprints, electrical schematics, parts list, shop travelers, quality procedures, mechanical test and measurement equipment)
▪ Legible handwriting
▪ Ability to perform repetitive tasks
▪ Detail oriented
▪ Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $45400-68100 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets