Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Location: Milpitas, California
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Advanced Manufacturing Semiconductor Engineering Manager will be a key role in the Sensors Manufacturing Center of Excellence team. The role will be global responsibility of identifying and actions to enable high volume manufacturing process, implementing best known engineering methods, mentor engineering at multiple sites to drive continuous improvement, and develop processes and lead plants TPM efforts.
What You'll Be Doing....
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve fab & assembly process-related problems
- Analyze and define plans for tool matching
- Expertise in DOE set up and analysis
- Coordinate and execute the process, equipment, and material evaluation/optimization initiatives and implement changes at the process step
- Lead / participate in process characterizations and tool matching
- Identify and participate in cost reduction activities
- Validate new processes, including tools, and/or materials for new product introduction
- Support QMS & lean processing efforts
- Support site transfers
- Support conversion from 6” to 8” including identifying equipment, documenting qualification requirements, and support process development
- Being willing to do both hands-on investigation & data mining, and coach local teams
- Develop standardized processes and systems to drive continuous improvement for process and tool performance to enable TPM implementation
What Your Background Should Look Like:
- University degree in physical science or engineering
- 10 or more years’ experience in fab process and manufacturing engineering
- Experience in assembly and MEMS processes is a plus
- Knowledgeable in both FEOL & BEOL
- Knowledgeable in statistical analysis and DOE practices
- Willingness to travel to local site for problem solving and training
- Fluent in English. Ability to speak German is a plus
- Track record of mentoring and implementing process improvements in a high-volume manufacturing environment
This position will be remote located with travel to sites in Milpitas, California and Berlin, Germany.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $132,400 - $198,400 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets