Supplier Quality & Reliability Engineer (Incoming Inspection)
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity is seeking a qualified Incoming Inspection, Supplier Quality & Reliability Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible to ensure Quality on purchase components, supporting Manufacturing plants, by implementing a robust containment action in the entire supply chain and start escalation if applicable, using your knowledge on problem solving methodologies and technical expertise on the specific materials categories (Electronics & Mechatronics, Stamping, Injection Molding) working in close collaboration with suppliers and TE plant quality teammates.
Tasks Summary & Responsibilities:
- Create / Maintain Incoming Quality Inspection Plans (QIP) in the system in collaboration with ASQ (PPAP) / SQE (Complaints) supported by IQI.
- Supports New Product (NPI) ramp up on production lines, trial runs with supplier components and other activities as requested.
- Support SQE during the Chargeback process.
- Responsible for Training of IQI’s.
- Initiate and follows up CSLX requests to Suppliers till exit.
- Acts as Liaison person between Suppliers and TE SQ internal Customers.
- Involves SQE for Supplier Complaint 8D’s reviews / D6 Evaluation Audits / permanent problem solving & lessons learned initiation and follow up.
- Participates on the Supplier Scorecard process (i.e., response time).
- Owner of Containment activities in collaboration with IQI (block stock, initiate sorting activities internal or external, etc.) following the local non-Conforming material procedures for Supplier products.
- Owner of Complaint Handling / Problem Solving for external Supplier’s responsible incidents from all sources (i.e., internal and external customers, Production, Interplant, Incoming Inspection, etc.) after the safe launch period.
- Responsible to clear Quarantined material due to a Supplier Nonconformity (justified complaint).
- Supports EHS initiatives for compliance toward ISO 14001 related to SQ when applicable.
What your background should look like:
- B.S. degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Industrial Engineering, or related field.
- At least 4 years of experience within Automotive industry.
- Lean Manufacturing and Problem-Solving tools expertise.
- Incoming inspection Process and robust containment actions.
- Demonstrated skills in driving actions for containing quality spills, coordinating suppliers, Third party companies, and production internal quality and materials teams.
- Working knowledge on the specific process (Stamping, Injection Molding, Electronic assemblies).
- Ability to work with a multifunctional team.
- Thorough knowledge of Problem-Solving tools (8D at the minimum).
- Knowledge on IATF 16949.
- Knowledge using process improvement techniques and methodologies (e.g., Kaizen, Lean) and tools (e.g., 8D, SPC, Capability Analysis, MSA, and FMEA, CP, PPAP, Safe Launch, CSL).
- Software, MS Office: Word, Excel; Power Point.
- Basic knowledge in statistical software such as Minitab
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $57,500 – $86,300 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets