Director Digital Strategy
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity (TE) is a leading global provider of highly engineered connectors and sensors with sales of over $16 billion to customers in more than 150 countries. We design, manufacture and market products for customers in a broad array of industries including automotive; consumer electronics; telecommunications; aerospace; defense & military; medical & healthcare; oil & gas/marine; and energy & utilities. With over 80,000 associates including 8,000 engineers and worldwide manufacturing, sales and customer service capabilities, TE Connectivity’s commitment is their customers’ advantage. TE Connectivity is an independent publicly traded company whose common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “TEL.” See www.te.com
As a member of the Transportation Solutions (TS) Marketing team, the Director, Digital Strategy is tasked with delivering a superior customer experience across various digital marketing tools and platforms. This role is responsible for developing and managing a global digital strategy including capabilities, partnerships and influencing the martech stack. In addition, the role should provide support and expertise to the BU marketing teams across TS.
The digital strategist must have wide knowledge of digital tools and practices for CX excellence. The role requires out-of-the-box thinking and a creative yet methodical approach in reaching specific market targets by using different digital mediums. Working within the organization this role is key in identifying unmet digital needs, goals, opportunities and challenges of all commercial functions and aspects of the business. Knowing what’s hot in the digital world before anyone else does and closely following trends related to how consumers are accessing information is critical. Successful strategy adoption will require this individual to be seen as a leader in this space.
This individual must be skilled in cross-functional and matrixed organizations, working closely with BU commercial teams (marketing, sales, customer care…), corporate COEs (digital, data, CX) and IT teams. They should be skilled at brainstorming, deadline driven, organized and detail obsessed. They need excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The individual must be self-directed and able to drive an entrepreneurial approach to innovation. They must be passionate about the work they do; able to adapt quickly to changes in plans, goals or objectives and to both create strategic plans and execute programs.
To be successful in this role, the Director, Digital Strategy will need to be an exceptionally strong communicator who can build successful relationships based on confidence and trust with various key collaborators. This position will report to the CMO of TS and work closely with digital marketing leads in four BUs.
- Develop strategy and manage digital properties to deliver a superior user experience, driving revenue potential and brand relevance.
- Develop and influence the longer-term digital ecosystem and supporting martech stack to improve Marketing effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop and update a digital capability roadmap that improves the customer experience and marketing ROI.
- Design and maintain relevant portions of TE.com, external data activities, online content integration strategies and potential partner sites to ensure the best user experience on TE.com for the TS business.
- Execute new and creative collaborations among technologies and platforms
- Monitor, evaluate and integrate digital programs by providing analytics and data-driven insights on marketing effectiveness that allow the marketing team to continuously assess and refine digital programs.
- Manage and maintain the best user experience on TE.com across the segment.
- Create and analyze monthly and quarterly measurement reports, making recommendations to improve digital marketing effectiveness and impact.
- Serve as subject matter expert and thought leader for the TS BU marketing leads as they design, execute and track digital CX strategies.
Skills And Tasks
- Develop a digital capability roadmap that leverages a test and learn approach backed by a thoughtful business case.
- Pull and leverage data and analytics to report out on effectiveness of customer engagement strategies through actionable insights.
- Guide and collaborate on the implementation of new capabilities and digital services (including tech stack) to ensure successful adoption.
- Coordinate across TE’s digital and technology teams for best practice sharing and TE.com new function deployments.
- Stay abreast and influence the digital strategy that supports commercial excellence.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline required.
- 10+ years’ experience in multiple aspects of CX or digital marketing.
- Experience across multiple commercial functions directly or through significant influence initiatives
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe marketing tools, including experience with content publishing, CRM, and sales and marketing automation systems (Eloqua, SalesForce.com) required.
- Experience with digital analytics tools (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics) and conducting in depth analyses around audience segmentation, funnel analyses, and campaign analytics.
- eCommerce and online sales / demand generation experience strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in multiple aspects of CX or digital, including following trends and industry players. Must have a well-curated external network.
- Business acumen and understanding of Go-To-Market strategies.
- Strong reporting and analytics skills with ability to synthesize complex data points into simple, business-focused recommendations. Experience working with external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across functions and teams.
- Self-directed and able to meet multiple deadlines and adjust to shifting priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to understand technical information.
- Previous global experience is required.
- Previous influence management experience is required.
- Dynamic and high energy team player who can energize and motivate teams.
- Mature, credible, patient, hard-working and persuasive.
- Resourceful, self-starter, entrepreneurial.
- Strong business acumen; sound business-sense and judgment.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies such as teamwork, creative problem solving, flexibility and willingness to challenge the status quo.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, leadership and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently; able to multi-task and perform under pressure and willingness to roll-up sleeves and do the work required for flawless execution.
- Flexibility to develop strong relationships with multiple departments in a large, matrix organization.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $166,000 - $249,000 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets