Mgr. - Project Management Engineering
Location: #, MI, US, _
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Engineering Project Management Teams manage cross functional engineering projects. They work with Product Management, Sales, Quality, Manufacturing, Finance, and other functions across TE to assure projects meet financial, schedule and customer expectations. They are responsible for defining and creating project schedules, portfolio management, communication and execution of programs, identifying resource constraints and working with management for resolution, while adhering to LeanPD processes.
TE Connectivity is seeking a qualified candidate for our Manager of Project Management role. In this role, will be responsible for leading a team of project managers for the Americas Automotive organization. This high visibility role will partner with all business functions to execute a portfolio of projects that are critical to the successful growth of the Automotive business, as it continues to transform itself with Automotive mega trends such as Electric Powertrain and Data Connected vehicles.
- Drives project execution for PMO.
- Develops and manages global/regional project management organization(s) in support of business strategy.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement in PMO, Lifecycle and business processes.
- Achieve On-Time Delivery project performance objectives and report out progress.
- Drive team to improve project schedule, cost, and quality metrics.
- Resolve project conflicts and establish escalation path on all projects.
- Clearly communicate roles, expectations, and accountabilities to all team members on a regular basis.
- Promote best practices in project management.
- Deliver measurable impact on operating efficiencies and organizational objectives.
- Create/improve policies, procedures, standards, and tools for project management.
- Responsible for enabling and mentoring a high performing team which will deliver on business vision and objectives.
- Leads the identification and implementation of project management processes, methods, tools, guidelines, and standards to establish a stable framework that supports all project teams and stakeholders to successful deliver projects. `
- Provides regular health checks of the portfolio to all the stakeholders.
- Provides input on resolving key issues that directly impact successful projects delivery.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s and/or graduate degree in Engineering, Science or Business.
- Minimum of 10 years of Project Management, Manufacturing, or Engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience leading complex Automotive projects.
- Formal project management education and/or PMP certification.
- Previous experience managing direct reports.
- Experience working in and leading a Matrix organization.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $112,100
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets