R&D/PRODUCT DVL ENGINEER II
Location: Hampton, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Designing, developing, and qualifying of temperature sensors as part of the R&D/Product Development Engineering Team. Participating in and driving the product development from gathering customer and market requirements to product and process design, sample building, validation, and production release. Collaborating and working actively within local and global design teams. Seeking and implementing of technology improvements, as well as best practices of product and process development. Contributing to technical roadmap, coordinating of technical activities and communications. Evaluating new technologies and driving transfer to series production implementation.
What your background should look like:
Tasks Summary and Responsibilities:
- Gather customer and market requirements on products and related target applications
- Product design with respect to DFSS/DFM methodology and system integration requirements
- Conducts feasibility and application studies and testing on new and modified designs.
- Directs and supports detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp.
- Provides all required product documentation including, but not limited to, CAD Model, 2D production drawings, product specifications and testing requirements.
- Creates and modifies detailed drawings and drafting, or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contributes to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product.
- Initiate and support manufacturing process design, development, and validation
- Development of test concepts for designed products
- Identify and evaluate design and process risks, apply FMEA methodology
- Support advanced development projects (LEAP)
- Support innovation of new technologies, process and product related
- Contribute to technical roadmaps
- Collaborate with and support design and manufacturing engineers as required
- Collaborate with various vendors to identify processes and tools required for a new design
- Ensure creation and completion of product and project documentation
- Maintain and adhere to specifications, customer requirements and quality guidelines (e.g. ITAR, MilAero standards, ATEX)
- Support cost saving projects (VAVE)
- Bachelor or Master degree ME, EE, Physics or similar
- 3+ years in sensor technology, design, and manufacturing
- Excellent English skills, speaking and writing.
- Good knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams
- Ability to utilize 3D CAD software, e.g. SolidWorks
- Experience in mechanical (sensor) design and manufacturing
- Understanding of ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 requirements, ideally also ISO 14001.
- Analytical, structured, solution-oriented, and very precise way of working.
- Solid knowledge of statistics, DOE, and execution of tests
- Good experience/knowledge of phase gate design process (LEANPD)
- Experience in writing protocols and reports for design verification, design validation.
Additional Requirements (Optional):
- Strong design for quality background, DFSS Green Belt or Black Belt preferred
- Experience in temperature sensing and testing
- Experience in product design for ITAR controlled application
- Experience in product design for medical application
- Experience in statistical methods and data analysis in Minitab
- Experience in FMEA methodology and software APIS
- Able to utilize scientific methods in problem solving
- Experience in Multiphysics Simulation Tools like ANSYS
- Experience in electronics design and (embedded) software programming is a plus
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $78,100 – $117,100 year (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits