R&D/PRODUCT DVL ENGINEER II
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
- Facilitate communications between TE and external customers on market demands for current and next generation connector designs.
- Interface with TE’s global Infotainment teams in support of global product development.
- Act as a technical partner and provide support to Infotainment marketing and Customer OEM teams. Attend/support customer meetings and site visits.
- Responsible for determining requirements, develop, design, and analyze new cable applied and printed circuit board products, develop prototypes, and oversee testing.
- Provide Platform and Custom design solutions for future coaxial and additional Infotainment products.
- Define and develop new product concepts with other global TE Infotainment departments that provide technical or cost advantages to the market/customer in order to improve TE's Infotainment market position.
- Support TE Launch teams in bringing the new connector designs to production.
- Domestic and International travel may be required.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5 years of related experience.
- Product development for the automotive market in accordance to QS9000: TS16949 is a plus.
- Experience with terminal and connector technologies and the related manufacturing processes preferred.
- Knowledge of vehicle architecture is a plus.
- Special focus on coaxial cable connector design is a plus.
- Pro/E design experience preferred
- Familiarity with risk assessment methods (FMEA) is a plus.
- Ability to perform structural analysis preferred.
- Professional, structured, autonomous, and creative work style.
- Customer oriented and capable to liaise on technical matters.
- Excellent team player, able to cooperate with International teams.
- Good communication skills, especially related to technical matters.
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $98,600 – $147,800 year (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
You’ve got this!