Machine Shop Production Supervisor- ITAR Sensors
Location: Hampton, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing/Production Teams transform raw materials into finished goods and ensure component flow. They perform changeovers and setups according to production schedule, perform quality checks according to established processes and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
The Supervisor Machine Shop manages production activities within the machine shop, to produce component products at acceptable quality, cost, and service levels on a regular basis. Responsible for maintaining good employee relations and ensures fair and consistent treatment of employees.
What your background should look like:
- Coordinating production activities among operators ensuring standard and efficient processes are followed via supporting Safe Work Practices, 5S and Housekeeping to ensure a safe work environment for employees
- Oversees production operations for an assigned shift using documented planning methods and an active member of the Safety Committee
- Assist in planning of production operations, priorities and sequences for manufacturing products by maintaining metrics and communication daily- safety, quality, delivery, issues and schedules to production from personnel
- Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, monitoring work, providing communication, feedback and ongoing support, performance reviews, career development, discipline, addressing complaints and resolving issues in accordance with applicable laws and/or company policy.
- Directs production activities in accordance with production schedules and established priorities, ensuring maximum utilization of assigned resources, machines, personnel, and materials.
- Oversees production operations for an assigned shift using documented planning methods which allow for reaction to unforeseen changes in demand or capacity; as well as, creating and maintaining vendor relations.
- Ensures production variances associated with materials scrap and usage, are maintained at established goals for the assigned shift.
- Follows engineering specifications for process parameters making adjustments to bring product into specification when necessary.
- Evaluates and suggests alternative production methods for continuous improvement.
- Assists production leads and operators in the interpretation of procedures, methods and correct use of production equipment to ensure procedures are followed
- Maintains a working knowledge of production components and the associated next tier application.
- Recommends design and development of tooling and equipment, i.e., fixtures, material handling equipment, production gages and inspection devices as required for new and existing production.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems, troubleshoots defective components/ assemblies for corrective action
- Holds regular meetings with production leads and operators to facilitate production requirements, consistency, and teamwork.
- Solicits assistance from Engineering on tooling and product insures to assure maximum tool utilization, production capable tolerances, and expedient processing of nonconforming materials.
- Participates in team driven activities to facilitate production improvements or new program development projects.
- Understands and supports quality policies and implements guidelines to assure adherence to quality documents and standards.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred or 5 plus years of comparable experience with the setup, operation of CNC Mils, and management equivalent, or combination of education and experience. Experience in a Supervisory/Manager role.
- Experience managing complex projects and direct reports. Thorough understanding of leadership principles; tracking and record keeping abilities.
- Computer skills with a background in MRP.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational, multi-tasking and planning skills.
- Research, and recommend the purchase of new capital equipment.
- Initiates, develops, or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve goals.
- Need thorough understanding of machining processes, equipment technology, shop procedures and how to read blueprints.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $73,400 – $90,000/year (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits