Location: Auburn Hills
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's North America Wireless Team manages sales, development, and management of TE's Wireless (HIRSCHMANN MOBILITY) products, systems or services, for the North American customer market.
The North America Wireless Team has an opportunity for an experienced Key Account Manager (KAM) to drive revenue and new wireless business opportunities in the OEM automotive account base. The KAM is the focal point of contact for NA based OEM automotive customers and/or automotive Tier 1 suppliers. KAMs will identify, develop, and implement near-term and long-term business development strategies relating to the development of their most strategic customers. They will manage specific customer accounts, customer relationship management, forecasting, sales, and customer roadmaps. They are required to identify market and customer opportunities and manage the feasibility of business and customer development. The KAM will liaison with Development Engineers and Product Managers, and will develop and execute a comprehensive OEM automotive sales and business development strategy to enable profit. This position reports directly to the Manager of Product Management.
- Determine new and expand existing OEM customer contacts through regular customer visits, may include truck customers
- Map out wireless opportunities per vehicle and/or regional/global platforms
- Manage customers’ organizations (engineering, purchasing, marketing, legal, etc.) and coordinate feedback within the Wireless team to align product roadmap and engineering activities
- Determine quotation opportunities and obtain RFQs. Then driving the RFQs internally to quote.
- Present the opportunity to the business pursuit and approval committee
- Manage the project team in the business pursuit phase according to the pre-determined project goals
- Lead and stand accountable for the regular sales operations, including revenue generation, revenue monitoring and forecasting, new business development and design wins, and customer relationship management
- This role requires active engagement with customers, including activities such as commercial transactions, project identification and management, contract negotiation, issue resolution, and long-term technical partnerships
- Travel to customers as necessary
What your background should look like:
- BS in Engineering or alternatively in marketing or business administration is required, MBA preferred
- Must have 5-7 years or more experience with OEM automotive customers
- At least 5-7 years or more in technical field sales or marketing
- Experience in complex electronics environment; RF and antenna background is a plus
- Clear, strategic thinker with the ability to execute on priorities
- An effective communicator. Well-presented and businesslike hands-on person. Strong interpersonal communications skills, and ability to work cross-functionally in order to manage customer requirements effectively and drive a project internally to completion.
- Good understanding of automotive manufacturing business flow.
- Proven intercultural abilities and excellent English communication skills. German is a plus.
- Willingness to travel
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $73,700 - $110,600 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets