BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER I
Location: Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Sr Manager, Business Development – Appliances will expand the penetration of adjacent and new vertical markets by promoting TE Appliances’s “Core Products.” The position will address both Direct and Distribution channels in coordination with Strategy, Product Management, and Sales.
Sr Manager, Business Development will execute strategy for the new vertical markets by identifying and researching target markets and applications. He will locate TE product portfolio alignment, gaps, and opportunities within use cases and end products. They will build business plans considering revenue streams, profit pools, channel landscapes, partnerships, and enablers which will position TE to win in the new space. This leader must analyze and define the competition to determine areas of focus, direction, and relative strengths and weaknesses versus TE capabilities.
Sr Manager, Business Development must be able to work cross-functionally to prioritize market and customer requirements aligned with Sales, Product Management, and Engineering teams to operationalize and execute BU APL’s business expansion strategy.
Sr Manager, Business Development is responsible for the expansion and the go-to-market approach for target vertical markets. They will coordinate selling teams, marketing resources, product management, and other front-end commercial resources to develop and execute the commercial strategy.
- Strategy and deployment
- Product definition
- Competitive analysis
- Designing and driving win penetration plans
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and go-to-market plan and execute activities to maximize sales and profitability for target markets
- Monitor trends, market sizing, and design-to-build value chains for products
- Recommend new product ideas and drive timely delivery of new product introductions, beta test products, and package solutions
- Direct product development, product portfolio, and pricing to ensure the competitiveness of the product platform
- Partner with Direct and Channel sales organizations to drive sales penetration and develop the necessary tools to support expansion
- Partner with the Sales and Field Application Engineering teams to gain customer insights and drive the process of winning designs for products in target markets
- Align with Commercial and Marketing Teams to execute sales and revenue demand generation strategies driven by product positioning, promotion, distribution, pricing strategy, marketing campaigns, sales training, and enablement
- Represent TE Appliances and its strategy, value proposition, and related products at customer meetings, tradeshows, associations, etc.
YEAR ONE OBJECTIVES
Success in the first year will include:
- Execute the strategy for adjacent and emerging markets
- Achieve targets in revenue, profitability, and performance
- Lead strategic initiatives to support long-term positioning, such as product penetration
What your background should look like:
The successful candidate will have at least three to five years of industrial B2B business development/marketing experience. They must have proven success leading growth initiatives and product marketing engagements in technology-driven, fast product cycle-time driven industries. The successful candidate must possess demonstrated analytical and implementation skills.
Additional functional experience requirements include:
- Experience with the implementation of growth, new business development, and marketing initiatives that lead to deeper market penetration
- Knowledge of target B2B vertical markets
- Proven ability to develop and execute strategic plans, as well as leverage sophisticated analytics and data to drive profitable growth
- Leadership and functional ability to define and implement business development and strategies based on understanding markets, trends, competitors, market segmentation, channel, pricing, VOC, etc.
- Demonstrated strong business acumen with the ability to drive innovation and marketing programs and pipelines that deliver quantifiable financial returns
- Experience directly interacting with field sales and channel customers
- Strong analytical and logical reasoning skills
- Ability to execute; strong project management and financial analysis skills
- Demonstrated experience driving organizational alignment across commercialization functions
- Experience with new product development and portfolio management
- Strong applied analytical skills and business acumen, with the ability to deliver quantifiable financial returns
Sr Manager, Business Development will possess the following personal attributes and characteristics:
- Comfortable navigating within a large company with practical stakeholder management skills
- Results oriented based on activities and metrics, able to roll up their sleeves
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in a fast-paced, matrixed, high-performance culture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a global matrix organization
Education and experience
An undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, or related is required.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $121,280 - $181,920 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust fields depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off, and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets