ASSEMBLY OPERATOR II - 1st Shift
Location: Hampton, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Assembly Teams assemble sensors using screen printing equipment, assembly fixtures, and testing equipment. Troubleshoot components to ensure quality and productivity standards are met. They assemble components according to production schedule, perform quality checks according to established processes and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
Essential duties include but may not be limited to the following:
- Follow standardized work instructions for the screen printing and assembly of components in accordance with component level drawings
- Operate various production equipment as needed to prepare components for assembly
- Read and comprehending manufacturing drawings regarding printing sheets for production
- Follow all cleanroom standards and cleaning processes to ensure optimal environment
- Ensure high cleanliness standards are maintained during printing and component assembly
- Ensure first time assembly success and minimizing material waste attributed to manufacturing workmanship
- Demonstrate a mindset of continuous improvement in all duties
- Other duties as assigned by Team Leader
What your background should look like:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to find, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand and stoop, kneel, or crouch, however, the employee shall be mostly standing
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds unassisted, occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds assisted. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for detailed work.
- 1 year minimum role in manufacturing preferably pertaining to soldering, light welding and assembly components.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum 2 years of manufacturing experience related preferred.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $ 15.76 - 23.65 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets