Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing Engineering Teams are process leaders for stamping, molding or assembly related topics, ensuring the processes are running at optimum levels for quality and output. They are experts in mold tooling, die tooling, machining, and assembly techniques, possessing extensive knowledge of the associated manufacturing processes which may include the optimization and standardization of stamping / molding / assembly or other processes within the manufacturing environment. Manufacturing Engineering Teams enable the TE business unit plants to reach TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) requirements, roll out Centers of Excellence (COE), Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP’s) and advise plants on tool and machine duplications / corrections / improvements. They design and develop manufacturing process and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production. The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements and manufacturing location. They act as interface between engineering and production to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples and prototypes.
TE Connectivity has a Stamping Engineering position available in Greensboro, NC within the Automotive Business Unit. This position will support the Stamping Value Stream within the manufacturing facility and:
- Support projects for the VS Production Team in resolution of customer complaints, scrap reductions, efficiency problems, rate improvements, process deviations, Sample Runs, cost reduction projects and Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Support and analyze production equipment of any manufacturing process and make recommendations and plans for repairs on equipment that will result in improved processes.
- Support Product Launch from manufacturing feasibility studies through automotive PPAP release.
- Support Cost Reduction projects through Six Sigma, 5S, and other available improvement tools.
- Support all related process documentation, not limited to but including repair logs, manuals, drawings, and procedures.
- Support launch receiving efforts for new products, product extensions, and processes in the plant.
- Work from verbal instructions, sketches, blueprints, machine manuals, and worn or broken parts to determine size, shape, configuration, etc. of needed parts or enhancements.
- Support design, development, and engineering on machine tools and fixtures and related items for plant improvement projects using engineering principles and best practices.
- Must be able to work and act in a professional manner with all levels of associates and interface with customers as required.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent, with up to 5 years of related experience
- 2D/3D AutoCad
- Stamping experience is preferred
- Automotive experience is preferred
- Demonstrated project management capabilities with an emphasis on strategic thinking, teamwork, and results-driven implementation
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Understand and execute project solving techniques to identify solutions
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $70,600 - $106,000 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets