MGR II EH&S
Location: Wilsonville, Oregon
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Environmental Health & Safety Teams ensure and monitor safety in the workplace. This includes the application and communication of health, safety and hazardous material standards, procedures and practices consistent with TE, environmental and government regulations.
The successful candidate will provide leadership in driving continuous improvement in Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) performance and will manage the EHS Team while reporting directly to the Campus Leader. Provide technical expertise across all functions to ensure a compliant and safe workplace for all employees, visitors, and contractors. This is an exciting role with an opportunity to make a difference.
- Lead the Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Team providing technical expertise and achieving objectives.
- Build relationships across the campus to ensure compliance and promote a proactive environment, and health & safety culture.
- Preparation of EHS reports/metrics for both internal campus, global and external stakeholders. Communicate EHS performance.
- Lead EHS projects on-site as required and support cross-functional teams.
- Ensure EHS programs comply with applicable government regulations, TE Connectivity technical standards and best practices. Promote EHS compliance through detailed EHS programs, training, and auditing.
- Coordinate and drive continuous improvement across environment and safety programs. Examples: Internal TE SMS (S.A.F.E), Hazard Management, Unsafe Act/ Conditions, Behaviour Based Safety (BBS), Ergonomics, Chemical Management (REACH, CLP), Energy Reduction, Ergonomics, Machine Safety etc.
- Maintain site permits, licenses, and certificates.
- Provide governance and guidance for the control of hazardous materials and waste.
- Manage the EHS accident and incident program in accordance with HSA, OSHA and corporate requirements.
- Develop and manage the EHS budget.
- Represent the company at audits and site visits by the local authorities and customers.
- Increase level of engagement to successfully embed environmental and safety management systems.
- Focus on leading EHS indicators such as risk assessment, unsafe condition / behaviors.
- Responsibilities to include engaging all managers within the plant responsible for environmental compliance including production, maintenance, quality, and procurement.
What your background should look like:
- Degree in EHS or related field.
- 12+ years’ experience in a similar position within manufacturing, preferably in the medical device industry or other similar regulated manufacturing industry.
- Experience in hazardous waste management, stormwater, wastewater, air compliance, chemical management reporting, SPCC plan coordination and EPCRA reporting and emergency response coordination.
- Thorough knowledge of Environment, Health and Safety legislation and experience in environment management systems.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal skills and verbal/written communication skills.
- Previous experience in managing a team.
- Attention to detail and a result orientated approach.
- Computer skills, including proficiency in using common word processing software, excel, database applications, presentation software, and email.
- Experience implementing an environmental management system within a manufacturing setting.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $114,560 - $171,840 annually (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets