Product Development Technician
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Process and Product Development Engineering (PPDE) Teams significantly impact LEANPD driven new product development projects, driving for excellence in existing manufacturing technologies and methods and striving to implement new manufacturing technologies to provide improved process and tolerance control. They act as the binding element between product development and manufacturing engineering, ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of this critical interface. They support Product Development in the optimization of designs and piece parts for manufacturability by realizing sample tooling/products/prototypes. They also design, develop, and qualify tooling and processes to meet TE quality and production standards, document all processes and tooling in applicable TE systems, support supply chain to verify supplier compliance and capability, initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, cost and cycle time and adhere to all appropriate specifications, regulatory requirements, and customer requirements.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Do you want to work with cutting edge technology? Help manufacture products that enable groundbreaking medical therapies. At TE Connectivity, you will find a culture that rewards such hands-on engineering spirit. This is a great opportunity to join our team that is seeking a like-minded person with the drive and focus on innovation. Our expertise in laser processing and materials science is hard to beat. We specialize in laser welding, laser cutting, plastic cutting, and ablation, working with numerous types of metal and plastic materials.
As part of the TE's Medical Process and Product Development Engineering (PPDE) team at our Plymouth, Minnesota site, you'll be responsible for new product development, problem solving, providing tools and engineering support to implement new products into production, and leading process design functions to determine product flow through the manufacturing operation by use of current engineering and continuous improvement techniques.
Shift hours: Weekend Shifts Friday/Saturday/Sunday 6-6, with possible OT during week 4AM-2PM
A typical day may include:
- Support goals for yield and productivity sustainment through process development and troubleshooting.
- Perform equipment preventative maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Assist with engineering studies through data collection & process observation.
- Compliance to our QA manual and documentation systems.
- Edit procedures and standard work.
- Will interact with several areas including: complex catheters including steerable catheters, smart catheters, complex shape balloons, handle design, molding, braiding, tipping.
- Support the development of our devices (balloons and catheter subassemblies) according to customer design, performance, and quality specifications, on time and within budget.
- Support the products and processes that are reliable as well as identify risks to the project, develop contingency plans, while outlining deliverables and milestones.
- Qualification and implementation of fixtures and equipment.
- Supporting production product/process improvements through LEAN, 6s 5s etc.
- Maintaining records and records databases
- Observe safety and security procedures; Reporting potentially unsafe conditions; Using equipment and materials properly.
- Other duties as assigned.
What your background should look like:
- HS Diploma or GED
- 2+ years’ relevant experience
- Ability to read, write and speak proficiently in English
- Ability to independently navigate in and operate PCs and other industrial computer equipment and basic PowerPoint and basic Excel
- Hand/Power Tools: Ability to safely operate common hand and power tools
- Experience using measurement tools, such as calipers, micrometers, microscope/reticle and rules
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $29.97 hr. - $34.45 hr. plus 28% shift differential (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets