GLOBAL CUSTOMER QUALITY ENGINEER
Location: Fremont, California
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Customer Quality Engineer (CQE) manages assigned strategic customer accounts quality and ensures that TE provides an exceptional customer experience for TE's Data and Devices (DND) business unit. This includes global strategies to improve customer experience by partnering closely with sales, engineering, and operations. A vital aspect of this position is to establish a real-time 360-degree view of the customer’s experience to proactively monitor and support our key customer accounts, resolve quality problems promptly, drive continual improvement, improve quality scorecards, and minimize the cost of poor quality by fulfilling customer requirements, being responsive, and building customer relationships. This position reports to the DND business unit's Global Quality Strategic Customer Accounts Manager.
- Quality point of contact for assigned North American strategic customer accounts.
- Provide the Voice of the Customer feedback to product management, product engineering, and manufacturing locations for characteristics that can become quality or application risks to the customer.
- Manages Quality / Reliability interactions with the customer, including regular communication and escalations.
- Provides technical support in evaluating products from a quality and reliability standpoint.
- Leads cross-functional problem-solving teams to investigate quality issues, minimize customer impact, TE PPM, and cost of poor quality, and drive timely resolution.
- Influences without authority in efforts to achieve 5D/8D response time within ten business days or less.
- Responsible for coordinating and ensuring completion of customer quality requested activities across design and manufacturing. This includes coordinating globally for all sites, factories, and associated teams within TE.
- Carries out the global customer quality improvement strategy.
- Ensures compliance with TE quality policies and procedures related to customer requirements.
- Partners closely with sales, engineering, and operations to ensure organizational alignment regarding setting targets and achieving quality objectives for our customers.
- Partners with engineering and sales to establish trust with our customers by sharing our DND strategic quality roadmap and resolving problems promptly.
- Acts as a liaison between TE and the customer for Product Change Notifications and other contractual obligations.
- Regularly conducts reviews with critical customers regarding DNDs quality & delivery performance.
- Drives systemic corrective action and continual improvement for customers through training and implementation and use of an array of quality improvement tools.
- Regularly reports to management on the overall performance and effectiveness of the assigned global strategic customer account.
- Manage quality issues or inquiries for parts in assigned Global Product Lines. The details may be made at a TE facility or a sub-tier supplier.
- Supports the MRB team functions for the disposition of non-conforming products.
- Visit local customers and travel within North America to customer locations to review TE products and applications as the customer is using them and to foster productive working relationships.
The ideal Candidate should reside in the Silicon Valley region of California.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a technical focus.
- 7+ years minimum quality assurance experience working in a global capacity.
- Preferred customer quality experience in the electronics industry.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams, forge solid internal relationships, and drive transformation globally.
- Knowledge and application of quality system regulations (ISO 9000, 14000 and 18000).
- Have experienced the use of Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, 8D, and other advanced statistical methods, including Design of Experiments (DOE), Statistical Process Control (SPC), and Process Capability (CpK) techniques.
- Possesses strong leadership skills and executive-level presence.
- Self-motivated, efficient, able to work with little or no supervision, and committed to a team approach.
- Strong interpersonal, organization, and project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must travel to customers and other TE locations, including overnight and multi-day trips.
- Experience in core processes such as stamping, molding, plating, and assembly preferred.
Key Attributes Needed:
- Ability to understand and discuss technical engineering issues.
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications.
- Comfortable interfacing with all organizational levels, including Executive Management and presenting to the customer.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $111,440 - $167,160 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets