Lead Technical Product Manager (remote)
Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Full time
Our Lead Technical Product Manager is a subject matter expert on designing and building software as products (usually APIs and Delivery Infrastructure). You will be working with clients across a variety of sectors and making sure the business-critical software solutions we develop delivers real business value every time. You will need to know; modern technologies but also have a product mindset, ability to prioritize new features, define a product and what it is not, work with other teams to validate the service’s usefulness and drive adoption, manage delivery, manage stakeholders, and manage the team’s NPS. A core function of this role is stakeholder management and prioritization.
- Analyze customer and business requirements to understand the underlying intent
- Translate epics into stories to enable development teams to understand scope. Prepare user stories to support iterative delivery of the product.
- Understand technical implications of features and how to break down into stories that adhere to the INVEST principles
- Outline clear acceptance criteria, to clearly communicate the definition of “done”.
- Facilitate and lead workshops/discussions that;
- Generate ideas and content for solutions
- Unearth clients pain points
- Validate business opportunities
- Ability to guide incremental delivery of a complex modernization project
- Drive the pace and quality of decisions on the software delivery team
- Model business value streams relevant to the product
- Review the product roadmap with key stakeholders
- Determine product priorities, including new features and defect fixes
- Own the software documentation ie API documentation
- Advocate and evangelize Agile, Lean, and Continuous Delivery and Analysis best practices
- Define key objectives and ‘to-be” state, identify success factors, and comprehend constraints, challenges, and risks
- Lead by example to showcase Thoughtworks unique product thinking and differentiating capabilities in client / partner / multi-vendor environments.
- Demonstrated experience working successfully with cross-functional teams to deliver software
- Strong facilitation, prioritization, and influencing skills
- Strong communication skills, listens and shares information
- SQL experience and familiar with modern technologies such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience in (one of) DevOps, Application Modernization, Platform Engineering or Developer Experience
- Experience with modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Orchestrate collaboration by removing roadblocks and fostering communication
- Experience as a trusted and valued partner of the product owner to business stakeholders
- Experience prioritizing competing demands and obtaining buy-in from stakeholder(s)
- Demonstrated ability to manage and resolve conflict with stakeholder(s)
- Ability to articulate the “big picture” of the solution to delivery and client teams to understand cross functional inter-dependencies and impact
- Demonstrated ability to understand and explain issues from both a technical and a business functional point of view
- Openness to contradictory opinions and flexible in your thinking
- A willingness to jump into projects and complex environments to make sense of ambiguous details in multiple domains
Other things to know
Learning and Development
There's no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however, you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
While we’ve traditionally been a traveling consultancy, travel is not required for this role at the moment. We anticipate the need for travel to our client locations in the future when it’s deemed safe.
It is the policy of Thoughtworks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and Thoughtworks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. Thoughtworks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.