Market Business Development Manager (remote)
Location: San Jose, California
Job Type: Full time
Thoughtworks is searching for a Market Business Development Manager to join our West Market to support our growing clients in North America. Market Business Development Managers at Thoughtworks are responsible for developing and securing a pipeline of new opportunities at existing accounts (better known as hunting) and establishing new relationships in unpenetrated business units or departments of our existing accounts.
- Develop a pursuit plan and a pipeline of new executive contacts and proactive client engagements
- Successfully convert new opportunities outside our current footprint within existing accounts, creating the foundation for long-term, value-based relationships across the entire client. Success is nurturing and the sale of win-win value propositions and nurturing executive relationships for continuing business.
- Ensure the creation and execution of proactive pursuit strategies, and build “win-win” value propositions at the company and at individual levels with clients
- Approach client executives as true business partners versus software delivery partners, expanding Thoughtworks engagement to encompass the breadth and depth of our capabilities, including where appropriate, our world-leading Global Delivery centers
- Recognize that our people and our clients are at the center of everything we do
- Leverage your own and TW-provided market research to identify, build a business case for and present your pursuit targets
- Leverage available tools, events, and marketing support to develop pitches, proposals, presentations, etc. for target business units or departments of existing accounts
- 6+ years of experience preferred
- Technology and consulting acumen with the ability to positively translate into business value
- Strong customer value orientation - you want your clients to succeed with their objectives
- The expertise to sell premium, not commoditized, services
- “Hunter” mentality with a proven record of success driving complex sales through a disciplined process
- Demonstrable track record of generating deals in excess of $20-50M
- Comfortability and experience engaging with C-level stakeholders at the business and technology level, using a consultative selling approach to maximize the customer outcomes
- An entrepreneurial drive that ensures you will be able to rally other Thoughtworkers around necessary activities and be willing to “get your hands dirty” with artifact creation
Other things to know
Learning and Development
There's no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however, you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
While we’ve traditionally been a traveling consultancy, travel is not required for this role at the moment. We anticipate the need for travel to our client locations in the future when it’s deemed safe.
It is the policy of Thoughtworks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and Thoughtworks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. Thoughtworks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.