Sales Development Representative
Location: Dallas, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Want to work in an inclusive, supportive environment where you can freely voice your ideas and opinions?
Thoughtworks is searching for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our New & Strategic Sales team and support our growing business in North America. The Sales Development Representative will be responsible for uncovering business needs for Enterprise Accounts and build a pipeline for the sales organization.
Sales Development Representatives jumpstart their careers with a training program specifically focused around Thoughtworks capabilities, differentiated offerings and client stories focused on helping them achieve business outcomes. Key training focused on the SDR role will include shadowing, hands on situational learning and online learning modules. For all employees, theFirst Year Experience provides continual on-boarding support to help you settle into Thoughtworks.
- Driving top-of-funnel, demand and lead gen pipeline activities including researching prospect accounts, target customers, executing outbound campaigns and monitoring performance.
- Meet or exceed goals and pipeline generation targets by driving qualified leads, initial meetings and enabling the next step in the sales cycle.
- Develop targeted outbound prospecting, campaigns and strategy to build a pipeline of targeted new clients.
- Build “win-win” value propositions at the company and at individual levels with clients
- Actively pursue prospects through phone, web/social media (LinkedIn) channels, integrated sales & marketing campaigns.
- Communicate with leads and clients to promote special events, thought leadership content, and other growth efforts.
- Collaborate on engaging and personalized communications and develop creative plans for outreach. Use identified customer challenges to prescribe relevant campaigns and events to drive engagement
- Complete detailed research within targeted accounts to identify key contacts and critical account information
- Familiar with (or have desire to learn) sales enablement platforms: Salesforce, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and other sales automation tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to help plan, build, and execute outbound campaigns and sales presentations
- Interest in developing a technology and consulting acumen with the ability to positively translate into business value
- Strong customer value orientation - you want your clients to succeed with their objectives
- Less than 2 years of experience in business development, sales or related fields.
- Experience with lead qualification at all levels within organizations – managers, directors, VPs, executives.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
Other things to know
Learning and Development
There's no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
$130,000 - $160,000 + Commission
The annual salary range posted is subject to many factors and may vary depending on experience, geographic location, job responsibilities, performance, skills and/or training.
While we’ve traditionally been a traveling consultancy, travel is not required for this role at the moment. We anticipate the need for travel to our client locations in the future when it’s deemed safe.
It is the policy of Thoughtworks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and Thoughtworks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. Thoughtworks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.