Workspaces IT Infrastructure Analyst
Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Full time
The North America Workspaces team is looking for a dedicated support consultant to join our team in New York. We are a nationally distributed team with personnel in Chicago and San Francisco, but we all help each other with every aspect of the job. The Workspaces team is the face of TechOps/Technical Support(IT) and we help support office operations, work on new office and new room build outs, look after laptops and devices, provide customer support amongst other things.
This person should have a drive for technology, solving problems and delivering excellent customer service is a must. You will be working alongside the people you support on-site 100%; taking regular feedback from our colleagues and customers to ensure we find the best possible solutions for everyone. An average day may look like this: Arrive at the office, look for any down zoom rooms and get them back online, check on some shipments in our database system, respond to service request help tickets using Service Now, email, Helpdesk, etc., provide in-person support as needed, work throughout the day and then send drop off laptops at FedEx on your way home.
This would be a great opportunity for someone who is looking to:
- Develop and further their role in the IT industry
- Expand on their current experience in the field (4+ years)
- Willing to take on new challenges and knowledge share
- Occasionally get out of the house and remember how fulfilling it is to work along-side a variety of such fun, talented and inspiring individuals
- Support Office Operation teams to ensure in-office tasks run as smoothly as possible
- Troubleshoot Zoom room issues (restart zoom rooms, disconnect/reconnect hardware, etc.)\
- Promptly respond and resolve help tickets and communicate with clients and stakeholders as much as possible
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including (but not limited to the greater TechOps team, New York Office Manager, colleagues and clients in-office, etc.) to support in-office needs
- Drop off laptops as needed to FedEx and Receive shipments from UPS/FedEx/USPS in Office
- Support the TechOps team in coordinating the shipping and delivery of equipment
- Be on-site before, during and after events, inceptions, client meetings, etc. to provide technical support
- Provide online and on-site people support as necessary
- Provide, collect and share feedback to help improve processes and procedures
- Familiarity using and supporting video conferencing (Zoom)
- Willing to learn new concepts and expand on their technical depth and share those learning with the team
- Knowledge of OSX and IOS operating systems - (Windows/Linux/Android a bonus!)
- Knowledge with Apple hardware, Lenovo hardware, AV hardware, switches, etc
- Understanding and importance of Information security and practices
- Familiarity with basic network concepts and hardware - we welcome tech fluency over tech expertise
- A solid grasp and understanding of customer service and an aptitude to solve issues together
- Ability to move at least 25 lbs
- Flexibility and support for your team - sharing knowledge within the team and collaborating wherever possible and not being the only point of failure
Other things to know
Learning and Development
There's no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
The annual salary range posted is subject to many factors and may vary depending on experience, geographic location, job responsibilities, performance, skills and/or training.
You may need to travel to other Thoughtworks offices in this role.
It is the policy of Thoughtworks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and Thoughtworks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. Thoughtworks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.