Growth Operations Analyst (Incentives/Commissions)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
The Growth Operations Team
Growth Operations is the backbone of the growth for Thumbtack. We are a highly cross-functional team of passionate, strategic and analytical leaders. We are accountable for go-to-market tooling strategies, operational excellence, new process design and incentives. Our team delivers innovation through strategic thought leadership, utilizing best practices, analytical rigor, and excellence in project management.
About this Role
This role will report directly to the Sr. Manager of Growth Operations in a supporting role in the successful delivery of the incentive compensation program across our Sales and Success teams. The position works alongside other members of the Growth Operations team to address commission changes and inquiries. They will validate and compile commission data in preparation for payroll processing. They will act as the front-line for our employees to provide commission support.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 1+ years SQL experience
- 1+ years experience of progressive compensation experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Strong data analysis skills with the ability to define problems, collect data, draw valid conclusions, and recommend and implement solutions
- Must be capable of balancing multiple priorities in various work areas
- Detail-oriented and strong customer service mind-set with project management experience
- Previous experience using Big Query, Tableau (or equiv.) and CRM (Salesforce) strongly preferred. Proficient in G-Sheets (pivot tables, formula and calculations).
- Prior implementation/administration experience in compensation management tool (Xactly, Anaplan, CaptivateIQ)
- Familiarity with SOX (Sarbanes–Oxley Act of 2002)
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and internet
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
- Cell Phone Reimbursement, Thumbtack services (North America only)
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.