Lead Marketing Science Analyst
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Analytics Team
The Analytics team empowers Thumbtack to use data to guide business decisions. We collaborate with partners across the company to solve the most analytically challenging problems -- everything from how we optimize digital marketing to set prices across hundreds of local services categories; and from evaluating the impact of a new business model on company performance to identifying early predictors of high-quality customers. We are a tight-knit, intellectually curious team that is committed to improving Thumbtack and improving each other.
Team members’ personal and professional development is a priority for us. We have a solid track record of growing team members into more senior responsibilities in analytics, as well as preparing them for diverse roles across product, data science, and marketing.
About the Role
As a Lead Marketing Science Analyst at Thumbtack, you’ll be expected to leverage your analytical expertise, marketing knowledge, and interpersonal skills to drive a variety of high-impact projects. You will embed directly with a growth marketing team to help optimize various marketing channels, drive personalization and discover new channels. Outside growth marketing work, you’ll contribute to our broader analytics team and company data culture by sharing your learnings, partnering with others, and building new capabilities for how we can use data to guide decisions.
Team members’ personal and professional development is a priority for us. We have a solid track record of preparing team members not only for more senior responsibilities in analytics, but also for diverse roles across product, data science, and marketing.
- Provide a full suite of analytical support including analyzing user behaviors, identifying the target audience, campaign performance measurement, budget forecasting to marketing partners
- Identify opportunities and provide recommendations to optimize individual campaign as well as marketing channel mix
- Design and analyze experiments and other tests for causal inference, in collaboration with engineers, data scientists, and economists
- Partner with MarTech stakeholders, PM, engineers, etc. to help scope new features, e.g., optimize performance via TV audience expansion, improve SEM auto-bidding; build personalization engine for engagement marketing
- Develop topic area expertise, e.g., campaign measurement, A/B testing, customers segmentation, targeting optimization
- In collaboration with cross-functional partners, build new solutions and capabilities to scale growth marketing
- Contribute to our team and company data culture through accessible data table design and maintenance
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 3+ years of marketing analytics/data science experience
- Familiarity with digital marketing and experience with campaign measurement and performance optimization
- Passion for problem-solving, critical thinking, and data analytics
- Sharp business judgment and the ability to see past the noise
- Strong communicator, attentive listener, and compelling explainer
- Expert in SQL
- Proficient in Python or R
- Experience in relevant tech companies, e.g., consumer-facing or marketplace
- Experience in an analytical environment outside of analytics, e.g., management consulting
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree (preferred) in statistics, math, data science, computer science, or economics
- Experience in building various statistical and machine learning models, e.g., GLM, CLTV, attribution model, user-user affinity, product recommendation
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and internet
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
- Cell Phone Reimbursement, Thumbtack services (North America only)
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact email@example.com.