SMB Sales Team Lead
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
- Amelia Earhart
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including Anthropologie, Revolve, DSW, GOAT, Finish Line, Levi’s, Mac Cosmetics, Ray-Ban and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin….
As Afterpay’s SMB Team Lead, you’ll …
- Onboard, develop, and retain Account Executives with a particular focus on small and medium e-commerce businesses in North America
- Manage to daily, weekly and monthly performance of the team to ensure monthly KPIs & targets are exceeded
- Coach and develop the team in developing consultative and solutions-based selling skills throughout every stage of the sales cycle
- Strategically optimize the outbound sales process including: lead qualification, sequence execution (calls and emails), email, cold call, and demo coaching, pipeline management, and performance management
- Provide reporting to sales leadership on lead pipeline, conversion rates, rep activity, and success metrics
- Closely monitor these metrics with a focus on increasing productivity
- Tactical ability to execute and surpass monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue expectations
- Collaborate cross-functionally and globally with Sales Leadership, Operations, Compliance, Integrations, Risk, Marketing, and Finance as you lead the SMB sales team to success
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be obsessed with our product. You’ll get a kick out of seeing and feeling the impact of your work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
You will have …
- 5+ years of sales experience and 2+ years of people management experience
- Demonstrated track record of meeting & exceeding KPIs and targets in individual contributor role
Track record of excellence leading high performing, high-velocity sales teams in a fast-growing technology environment with a particular focus on SMB
- Ability to train and coach a high performing team
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational & time management skills
- Strong minded individual who finds solutions to problems, rather than avoiding them
- Expertise with common software (GSuite, Zoom Info, Linkedin Sales Nav, Outreach, Salesforce, etc) required
- Payments/E-Commerce experience is highly preferred
You’ll have a passion for ….
You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement.
How we reward you. We have a pay for performance culture so you can expect to be rewarded for high performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enroll in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We offer a wide range of insurance programs so you have the flexibility to choose what is best for you. Afterpay covers 100% of the employee cost and 75% of the cost of your dependents.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
You’ve got this!