Senior Web Developer
Job Type: Full time
Working at Brew Digital
Brew Digital is a team of problem solvers, made up of designers, developers, digital marketers, and project managers who keep everything running smoothly.
Brew Digital works with an array of clients, offering expertise across website design, creative, and digital services. We are also the in-house agency for our parent company - The Adaptavist Group; a family of brands that combine people, processes, and technology to make businesses better. The Group is on a mission to ignite lasting change in the way we work.
The offices in Norwich and London are a vibrant and welcoming space designed for collaboration and creativity. We have a hybrid working style so our team is based both locally and remotely. Regardless of location, this is a diverse and talented team that prides themselves on their warm and welcoming culture.
Some of our amazing benefits in the UK for Brew Digital include;
- Unlimited holiday
- Flexible working
- Enhanced parental leave
- Online streaming service
- Udemy training
- Employee assistance programme
About the team
The team of Developers at Brew Digital are highly skilled and a passionate team who work on projects for Adaptavist and external clients. The team works on a mix of languages and development across Back end, Front end, React and Devops. Our team continually strives to be the best at what they do and enjoy dedicating themselves to producing exceptional work.
About the role
As a Senior Full Stack developer you will work closely with a multidisciplinary team of developers, designers, and project managers, helping with all aspects of the web development life-cycle through planning, design, build and ongoing support. You will have line management duties for a small team of developers and being the senior on the team to help mentor other team members.
We want you to be striving to do your best work and confident in the value you are adding. We actively avoid rolling out the same solutions and look to innovate at every opportunity, making Brew Digital an exciting, reactive place to work. We maintain a high level of expertise across all areas of the business and whilst we shine as individuals, we always come together as a team through a supportive office environment and a collaborative mindset.
We pick the technology at the start of each new project based on the best fit, and we love to use new languages, frameworks, and approaches where possible.
Check out the technologies you might get to work with, don’t worry, though; we’re not expecting you to know all of these!
React / Next.js / Angular
Headless CMS’s / Prismic / Sanity.io
CSS preprocessors / CSS-inJS
Terraform / AWS CDK / Docker
AWS / Digital Ocean / Vercel / Heroku
Linux / Apache / NGINX / Serverless architecture
What you'll be doing
- You will be involved in the development and creation of web-based solutions for our customers.
- Line management of a team of 3 developers
- Working within a team of 10 developers, 4 project managers and 7 designers you will be heavily involved with working with the wider Brew Digital team on delivering leading technical solutions.
- You will be involved in a range of Full Stack activities, including front-end templating and back-end logic
- As a passionate developer, you will keep up to date with industry best practices and techniques through a range of mentoring, courses and online training that Brew Digital has access to, including Udemy Online Learning.
What we're looking for
- Self-motivated and passionate about solving problems with code.
- An excellent team player who enjoys learning new skills.
- Line Management/Mentoring experience
- Experience coding with frontend and backend web programming languages or frameworks such as PHP (Laravel)
- Experience working on multiple projects deployed to a Production environment.
- Experience using LAMP and LEMP stacks and implementing solutions following accessibility, performance and SEO best practices would be an advantage
At Brew Digital part of the Adaptavist Group, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us.
We look forward to your application!
You’ve got this!