Senior Software Engineer - Scriptrunner
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Working at Adaptavist
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
About the team
ScriptRunner for Jira is an ultimate tool for unlocking the full potential of Jira. It can help the end user to streamline their workflow by automating a range of tasks that will help them customise and simplify Jira. This team creates the platform for the engineers to design and develop new features for our customer. It is the backbone for Scriptrunner. There are 9 team members who you will collaborate with and support. Each member brings something special to this team.
About the role
The core purpose of this role is to be a technical specialist to developer experience. As a senior software engineer, you will build solutions spanning all ScriptRunner engineering teams, the entire tech stack and all of our infrastructure and tools, which include, but are not limited to:
- developer infrastructure
- build and test frameworks
- CI/CD infrastructure, and
- plugin development.
You will work to shorten the development feedback loop, so that changes can be tested faster and more thoroughly which will allow us to “shift left”. As a senior engineer in the team, you will be managing the balance of your individual contributions and supporting your team in delivery. You will also serve as a collaborator and mentor to a growing team of software engineers of all skill levels.
What you'll be doing
- Provide a platform for developers to perform tasks of varying complexity
- Advocate for the team by promoting the right tools, technology, and freedom to deliver their work and innovate
- Enable the team to shift left
- Facilitate and enable collaboration
- Mentoring, coaching, and developing a team of Software Engineers of varying levels of experience
- Improving developer productivity by improving our build and deployment systems
- Improve framework for automated tests at unit, integration and functional levels and manage code quality within the team, allowing changes to be tested earlier, faster and more thoroughly
- Designing, writing and testing solutions
- Complex, collaborative problem solving
- Performing peer code reviews
- Handling and owning support escalations
What we're looking for
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us.
We look forward to your application!
You’ve got this!