Location: Remote - UK/EU only
Job Type: Full time
Working at Adaptavist
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
About the team
This role is strategically placed in our Platform team and will enable various brands and departments across The Adaptavist Group. Alongside this team you will lead the innovation of building new features, plugins and maintaining developer portals built in Backstage; delivering changes using continuous integration and deployment; using creative thinking to investigate and solve customer requirements.
About the role
Naturally, you’ll participate in Agile ceremonies like standups, ticket estimation, and retrospectives, as well as peer code reviews and pairing programming sessions. Your input will help shape the engineering decisions and practices of the team, along with improving the developer experience of other Adaptavist teams and their customers.
What you'll be doing
This role will be broken up into four key deliverable pillars; investigation, build & test, running & monitoring, as well as backstage customer needs analysis.
You'll contribute to the following specific outputs;
- Researching and documenting how a feature or customer requirement can be built within the constraints of Backstages plugin ecosystem
- Designing plugins and features to meet customer needs
- Designing the systems/services that need to be built in order to implement the solutions to customer requirements
- Defining infrastructure requirement to run Backstage (and plugins) as both a monolith and collection of micrsofted
- Implementing business logic and corresponding unit/integration/performance tests
- Creating automated build and deployment plans
- Contributing to running our own Backstage and plugins along side our Platform engineers
- Defining and documenting observability metrics that help SysOps teams run Backstage and our plugins.
- Analysing logs and metrics for performance, behaviour and to investigate support queries
- Contributing back into the Backstage codebase.
- Helping our professional services teams with customer backstage needs.
- Building plugins for 3rd party SaaS offerings and integrating Backstage with them.
What we're looking for
- Fluency in Typescript, React and Redux
- Understanding of high-availability, fault-tolerant, scalable, distributed systems
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and communication skills and an ability to think innovatively and creatively
- Interest in helping and encouraging colleagues
- Good understand of containerisation
- Experience working with CI/CD, Kubernetes (Helm) and building systems using AWS services would be a bonus
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us.
We look forward to your application!
You’ve got this!