Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Working at Adaptavist
The Adaptavist Group is a global family of companies with a common goal. We combine the best of teamwork, technology, and processes, helping all kinds of businesses be better today and tomorrow.
We are experts at delivering enterprise software, tailored solutions, and quality services across some of the world’s most trusted technology ecosystems, including Atlassian, AWS, Slack, GitLab, and Aha!
We make change happen. From anywhere.
Our flexible, remote-first way of working means that work can fit around your life, rather than your life fitting around work.
About the role
The role of Engineering Manager will help enable teams to build and maintain our apps for the Atlassian and other ecosystems.
Paramount to the role is coaching, mentoring and managing several Team Leads to develop their management and leadership skills, enabling them to grow their team and nurture upcoming leaders. The Engineering Managers' direct reports will work across multiple timezones with this role being based in London with occasional travel to Leamington Spa. Alongside leading teams, a key part of the role is coordinating, contributing and shaping the architecture of our product services deployed in AWS. We have embraced serverless technologies and principles, but take a pragmatic approach where a pure lambda solution is inappropriate.
We believe in cross-functional autonomous teams, and we need managers who can enable and support teams at a strategic level, helping teams shape their value-oriented roadmap in collaboration with members of their product teams and senior management. This role will also be responsible for delivering engineering-wide initiatives working on technical projects that include teams beyond the immediate management responsibility.
What you'll be doing
- Enable and develop the team leads into strong technical and people leaders
- Advise and deliver on new ways for teams to collaborate together as a cohesive and productive unit
- Flexibility in terms of working schedule: the remote teams are spread across multiple time zones
- Growing the teams - empowering the team leads to recruit for their teams effectively, grow their capacity and increase competency within
our professional development frameworks
- Establish and support ways of working in teams that are appropriate for the context in
- Work with product leadership to deliver on the department’s targets
- Collaborate with the product management and product marketing teams
- Share knowledge and ideas for improvement with the other Engineering Managers both inside outside the ScriptRunner business unit
- Own and coordinate the technical strategies of the teams
- Contribute to the overall engineering strategy
- Implement and maintain appropriate quality controls and processes within teams
- Coordinating, and working on where appropriate, experimental work such as prototypes or proof of concept solutions
- Maintaining a pulse of the ecosystems we work within, competitor awareness, etc
- Engage with vendors and partners (such as AWS, Atlassian and Slack) to build a high level of understanding of technical solutions available
- Guide and support teams in making technical choices that build engineering wide support networks and take into account the wider
What we're looking for
- Experience in managing engineering teams with the ability to successfully lead a team in a high growth environment
- Experience in developing direct reports with focus on professional and technical skills
- Experience defining and executing technical strategy
- Cloud native experience: AWS, Azure or Google
- Adept at helping and inspiring colleagues
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us.
We look forward to your application!
You’ve got this!