Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
Location: Remote - UK/EU only
Job Type: Full time
Working at Adaptavist
The Adaptavist Group is a global family of companies with a common goal. We combine the best of teamwork, technology, and processes, helping all kinds of businesses be better today and tomorrow.
We are experts at delivering enterprise software, tailored solutions, and quality services across some of the world’s most trusted technology ecosystems, including Atlassian, AWS, Slack, GitLab, and Aha!
We make change happen. From anywhere.
Our flexible, remote-first way of working means that work can fit around your life, rather than your life fitting around work.
What you'll be doing
This role will be broken up into four key deliverable pillars; investigation, build & test, running & monitoring, as well as backstage customer needs analysis.
You'll contribute to the following specific outputs;
- Researching and documenting how a feature or customer requirement can be built within the constraints of Backstages plugin ecosystem
- Designing plugins and features to meet customer needs
- Designing the systems/services that need to be built in order to implement the solutions to customer requirements
- Defining infrastructure requirement to run Backstage (and plugins) as both a monolith and collection of micrsofted
- Implementing business logic and corresponding unit/integration/performance tests
- Creating automated build and deployment plans
- Contributing to running our own Backstage and plugins along side our Platform engineers
- Defining and documenting observability metrics that help SysOps teams run Backstage and our plugins.
- Analysing logs and metrics for performance, behaviour and to investigate support queries
- Contributing back into the Backstage codebase.
- Helping our professional services teams with customer backstage needs.
- Building plugins for 3rd party SaaS offerings and integrating Backstage with them.
What we're looking for
- Fluency in Typescript, React and Redux
- Understanding of high-availability, fault-tolerant, scalable, distributed systems
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and communication skills and an ability to think innovatively and creatively
- Interest in helping and encouraging colleagues
- Good understand of containerisation
- Experience working with CI/CD, Kubernetes (Helm) and building systems using AWS services would be a bonus
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us.
We look forward to your application!