Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Adaptavist employer page in 10 seconds.
Cloud Software Architect
Location: Remote - UK/EU only
Job Type: Full time
Working at Adaptavist
The Adaptavist Group is a global family of companies with a common goal. We combine the best of teamwork, technology, and processes, helping all kinds of businesses be better today and tomorrow.
We are experts at delivering enterprise software, tailored solutions, and quality services across some of the world’s most trusted technology ecosystems, including Atlassian, AWS, Slack, GitLab, Monday.com and Aha!
We make change happen. From anywhere.
Our flexible, remote-first way of working means that work can fit around your life, rather than your life fitting around work.
Some of our global benefits include;
- Unlimited Holiday
- Pension matching up to 5%
- Employee assistance programme
- Udemy Online Learning
- Volunteer Days
- Flexible working hours
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Season ticket loan
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection Scheme
- Private Medical with Bupa
- Bring your dog to work
- Adaptavist Rewards
About the team
ScriptRunner is an Add-on that helps solve the challenges that users face every day within the Atlassian Ecosystem. It automates bulk actions, creates scripted fields, and helps develop distinct workflows. It makes team collaboration easy by ensuring that the work they do is visible across all the teams.
About the role
The Solution Architect (cloud and on premise) role will own the system architecture and design for the ScriptRunner products, platform and portfolio reporting to the Head of Engineering. The purpose of the role is to design and improve all the product architectures, work on designs and software architectures for cloud and on-premise installed solutions, establish architecture standards and processes, be an expert on suitable design patterns, set the technical vision and direction for the portfolio, educate and support the product teams to align their short, medium and long term roadmaps in line with the wider vision and allow reuse of shared designs and software components, with rapid implementation of new products for future ecosystems with ease and agility.
The Solution Architect for Scriptrunner will focus efforts on technical excellence regarding the standardisation and maintenance of plans, design and technical architectures for software products to be performant on cloud and on-premise infrastructure. The role will build and shape design approaches to achieve the overall desired architecture of the product portfolio and adapt this as needed in line with both internal and external factors. Critical to the role will be setting a culture of excellence, knowledge sharing and collaboration across not only the teams in the portfolio but also into wider Products teams across Adaptavist. The role has a strong focus on architectural vision and leadership as well as pragmatic implementation. It will require supporting and guiding team leads and engineering managers with their technical designs and subsequent implementation according to the business units technical vision and architecture.
What you'll be doing
- Shapes the strategic technical direction for all products within portfolio
- Enable and develop the engineering managers and team leads into strong technical implementers
- Collaborates with the portfolio leadership to set overall direction and execution of technical strategies
- Liaising with relevant ecosystem partners to implement and shape the future direction of ScriptRunner architecture and designs
- Supports teams to implement the desired architecture of the product portfolio and ensure future adaptability
- Work with product leadership to deliver on agreed targets
- Collaborates with staff and principal engineers, combining various strategic elements to determine and design future solutions for
quality, team shape, architecture and technical learning as needed.
- Identifies potential impacts to other teams and work towards mutually beneficial solutions for all parties
- Find effective ways to document and communicate architectures, designs and roadmaps
- Own (update/create/revise) the architecture designs and approach of all products in the ScriptRunner portfolio
- Contribute to and implement the overall engineering technical strategy and roadmap
- Identifying and improving technical design areas that are lacking in appropriate focus across portfolio
- Implement and maintain appropriate quality controls and processes within design and architecture development
What we're looking for
- Proven experience developing architectures and designs preferable in SMB or larger organisations.
- Experience of a wide range of design patterns and ability to communicate them to others through appropriate documentation including
BPMN, UML, C4 or other appropriate diagramming approaches.
- Experience of cloud platforms, including AWS and cloud native designs (microservices, serverless functions, and containers)
- Experience of on premise solutions including virtualisation (such as vmware, IaaS) and migration to cloud.
- Experience of object oriented languages and coding experience in Java although this will not be a hands on coding role.
- Experience of platforms used by a large number of end users, ideally multi-tenant and accessed over the public internet.
- Experience of API design and management principles - including API documentation, versioning, testing and use of appropriate tools
such as swagger, postman.
- Knowledge of secure design principles and typical requirements of products in an ISO27001 environment or equivalent, including
OWASP and secure coding/secure design, data at rest and in transit.
- Experience of making highly scalable and robust solutions including Disaster Recovery, High Availability, RPO/RTO, data backups and
cloud availability zones.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, enabling you to work across a range of functions, teams and seniority
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us.
We look forward to your application!