What we do
American Express is a globally integrated payments company that provides customers with products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. We do this through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions for both individuals and businesses of all sizes. More than 170 years of history built on service, trust and security have helped us develop one of the world’s most recognized brands.
What makes Amex Amex?
A video to help bring to life what it's like to work at American Express to recruit candidates to join the company.
Inclusion and diversity
At American Express our differences are what shape the world, and we’re committed to ensuring everyone is seen, heard, and feels like they belong. That’s why we’re actively cultivating an inclusive and diverse workplace where every voice is valued, teamwork is rewarded, and different points of view are celebrated. We see diversity of people and experiences as fuel for the creativity and innovation we need to be and deliver our best, for our colleagues, customers and the communities we serve.
On #TeamAmex, we want you to be you.
We remain committed creating a welcoming, equitable and inclusive workplace and Company. This is supported by:
- Required inclusive leadership and unconscious bias training for all colleagues
- A focus on hiring and developing underrepresented colleagues at all levels
- 100% pay equity across genders globally and races and ethnicities in the U.S.
- The American Express Ambition Project, which aims to inspire women to confidently pursue their ambitions, whether personal or professional, and pay it forward
You can access our full 2022 DE&I Report here: 2022 Report Diversity Equity & Inclusion
Building community within American Express through Colleague Networks
Our Colleague Networks bring people together with shared backgrounds and interests. We have 14 Networks and more than 100 chapters globally focusing on ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, generations, sexual orientation, disability and more. A few of our Networks include:
- Families at American Express Network
- Women’s Interest Network
- Women in Technology Network
- Black Engagement Network
- Asian Network at American Express
- Pride+ Network
- Virtual Office Network
Learn more about Inclusion and Diversity at American Express
Check out the recent awards we’re proud of:
- 2022 LinkedIn Top 25 Companies UK
- 2022 Fortune - Best Companies to Work For US, ranked #8
- 2021 Financial Times Diversity Leaders
- 2020 Top 10 Employer Award for Working Families
- 2021 Undergraduate Recruiter Top 100, ranked #1 Retail Banking Sector
- Forbes America's Best Employer for Diversity
- Human Rights Campaign Equity Index - 100% Score since 2004
- Seramount Inclusion Index
- Blooomberg's Gender-equality Index (since 2016)
Learn more about us at:
See our community guidelines at: https://about.americanexpress.com/Community-Guidelines/
If you have any questions, please visit www.americanexpress.com/contactus