Senior UX Designer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Are you a UX Designer who is passionate about designing products that make a measurable impact on people's everyday lives?
Avanade is looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our design team in the London studio.
What we do
We are a global studio committed to making a measurable impact for our clients, their customers, and their workforce. We work across the entire product lifecycle, from visioning and discovery, validating propositions to launching products and services that are valuable to both users and businesses.
Our studio is made up of passionate and versatile designers who are constantly developing their wide skill sets and deepening their process knowledge. Our designers are skilled, confident, and multi-faceted, collaborating across all disciplines involved in product and service development.
But more than anything we are a team that looks after each other. We put the wellbeing of our designers at the heart of our culture. We empower our team through empathy, understanding and support. We advocate for this approach across the wider business and our clients.
The remit of a UX designer at Avanade is to apply a focused, human-centred approach to products and services, in order to create better experiences for people.
Senior Consultant UX Designers take lead roles on projects and will be expected to set the course of UX elements and how they work with other workstreams and teams within Avanade.
They approach briefs, challenges and opportunities by working on specific areas and shaping solutions within a holistic experience in mind.
- Shape user experiences and products using a range of tools and methods
- Articulate and present your thoughts and creative ideas to clients
- Fine tune your process knowledge and the accompanying strategies
- Be confident in your craft and knowledge of tools
- Deliver solutions consistently and proficiently
- Design and facilitate design thinking workshops
- Spearhead the analysis, research, and visualisation of a client problem to articulate a creative design solution
- Begin to seek out ways to inspire others
- Solid knowledge of design tools like Figma or Sketch — from wireframes to highly polished design deliverables
- Good understanding of interaction, visual design, and accessibility principles
- Able to review products and systems from best-practice perspective (e.g., usability) and provide recommendations for improvement
- Good presentation skills
- Design thinking methods and UX artefacts (e.g., user scenarios, wireframes,UIprototypes)
- Able to apply and create complex design systems for multiple platforms
- Workshop support or facilitation
- Research execution and analysis
- Trend monitoring
- Break down larger problems
- Able to plan and execute smaller projects
- Provide coaching and feedback to teammates
- Begin to display confidence in presenting to clients and upper management
- Collaborate with creative, technology, user experience and strategy
- Master your facilitation skills in brainstorms and workshops
- Continue learning and expanding your skills based on client demand
- Explain UX gains to internal clients
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates high attention to detail, deep understanding of design principles, and creative solutions
- Ideally, a background in consulting and/or working in a creative or digital agency.
- Formal design qualifications preferred
- 6+ years’ experience of UX, Interaction Design and/or Visual Design across varied users, business problems, and devices.
- 5+ years of experience planning, designing, facilitating, and synthesizing workshops.
- 4+ years' experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes.
- 4+ years creating experience maps, user journeys, interaction models, flows, and wireframes.
- 4+ years' experience with rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototypes.
- 4+ years' requirements gathering and communication between all design teams, workstreams and clients.