Enterprise Architecture Advisory, Senior Manager / Manager
Location: Edinburgh, Greater London, Greater Manchester, Tyne and Wear, West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There’s one in every group—the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mould and who gets inspired by the power of digital to transform organisations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what’s next.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there’s no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being bold, imaginative – and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organisations around the world. Ultimately, we’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our clients and their customers.
If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
About the role
Avanade is seeking experienced Enterprise Architects to expand its Enterprise Architecture Advisory capability. You will manage engagements advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how to enable a wide range of business outcomes thorough technology and data. You must possess exceptional analytical, interpersonal and creative thinking capabilities. You will need to be ambitious, enterprising and personable, possessing outstanding leadership qualities, that allows you to assume a critical role in the Advisory Practice with an ability to scale over time.
In this role, you will:
Work with Avanade’s clients in a variety of engagements to:
- Define their Enterprise Architecture value proposition, vision, strategy and operating model.
- Develop blueprints and roadmaps to enable them to deliver business outcomes in in line with the strategy and vision.
- Assist them in managing and governing the journey to the future state.
- Deliver specific business cases and architectural studies to advance their journey.
- Be the overall client liaison as part of the project teams on large-scale, complex and important projects.
Work with Avanade’s Business Development teams to:
- Build an understanding of client and competitor business models, leading with consultative selling that generates an Advisory sales and delivery pipeline.
- Understand and explain how the AvanadeEnterprise Architecture offering delivers values to specific industries and clients.
- Drive solution creation for specific opportunities that may include elements from multipleAvanade propositions.
- Provide an Enterprise Architecture view on Avanade proposals to make sure the overall solution is optimised to deliver business outcomes for the client.
- Overall understanding and knowledge of business outcome driven Enterprise Architecture, based on use of common techniques and architecture frameworks.
- Specific deep understanding and knowledge of at least one of the Enterprise Architecture domains (Business, Information, Applications and Technology).
- Solution architecture development within the context of a broader Enterprise Architecture.
- Presentation and communication of the various aspects of an Enterprise Architecture and their benefits, communicating complex concepts in straightforward, non-technical language.
- Understanding and knowledge of the Microsoft Ecosystem is advantageous but not essential for the role.
- Proposition and proposal development.
- Leading and managing client projects and engagements with cross functional teams.
- Senior stakeholder engagement and communication.
- Ability to act as a trusted advisor to clients.
- At least five years experience working as a Solution or Enterprise Architect.
- At least two years Experience working as an Enterprise Architect.
- Demonstrable leadership experience
- Experience of at least one recognised Enterprise Architecture framework (e.g. TOGAF, MODAF).
- In-depth experience of at least one of the following industry sectors: Communications Media and Technology; Financial Services; Health and Public Services; Resources; Products (Retail and Manufacturing).
- Experience in a sales, pre-sales or consulting role.
- Experience in maintaining relationships with senior stakeholders up to and including the C-Suite.