Senior Power BI Consultant
Location: Edinburgh, Greater London, Greater Manchester, Tyne and Wear, West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
We are recruiting for a skilled Senior Power BI consultant to join a bright and talented team which includes Microsoft Most Valued Professionals (MVPs), Microsoft FastTrack Recognized Solution Architects and globally recognised experts in the field.
The role of a Senior Power BI consultant is a mixture of consulting skills alongside technical data modelling and visualisation skills, as well as leading technical engagements with clients.
Our projects are varied and may be anything from creating a short proof of value to a large reporting suite as part of a modern data platform solution in Azure. As well as report development we also support clients in establishing and running their Centre of Excellence advising on topics such as adoption, governance and training.
As part of a large global community of Power BI consultants within Avanade, there is extensive training, support and guidance to help to develop your Power Platform skills to the next level.
- Ingesting data from a variety of data sources and performing required transformations using Power Query and Data Flows.
- Data modelling capabilities including designing effective BI data models in line with the Kimball methodology and best practice.
- Developing calculations in DAX which are accurate and performant on large datasets.
- Designing effective layouts and designs working closely with our digital design team to ensure optimal user experience and that accessibility requirements are met.
- Utilising the navigation features in Power BI (e.g., bookmarks, drill through) to guide readers through a compelling data-driven story.
- Working with our testing team to manage the processes around client User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and fixing any defects identified.
- Publishing reports via the Power BI service, managing them through distribution of apps and monitoring usage/data refreshes/security access (N.B> for large scale deployments this is often undertaken by our managed services team).
- Working closely with clients, gathering requirements and translating them.
- Shaping an approach for governance and deployment of Power BI in large organisations, including advising on licensing, distribution/sharing, training, support and best practices.
We have a team comprising of consultants with a variety of expertise, differing skills and capability. We are looking for candidates who have the communication skills to work alongside client stakeholders of all levels, with the following core Power BI skills:
- Data model design following best practice.
- Ability to create calculations using DAX.
- Data ingestion and transformation using Power Query.
- Report design skills.
Other skills that enhance this core knowledge that may be beneficial include:
- Wider knowledge of the Power Platform including Power Apps, Power Automate, DataVerse etc.
- Other report platforms.
- Azure Modern Data Platform knowledge including Azure Synapse, Data Factory, Data Bricks etc.
- SQL, Python, R, Spark.
- Power BI Embedded, Custom Visual Development.
Applications are only invited from candidates with the right to reside and work within the UK. Candidates should be willing to travel for the purposes of client delivery and collaborating with colleagues.
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Avanade UK is a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter