Organisational Change Management, Group Manager / Manager
Location: Edinburgh, Greater London, Greater Manchester, Tyne and Wear, West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There’s one in every group—the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mould and who is passionate about the power of digital to transform organisations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what’s next.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there’s no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being ambitious, imaginative – and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft, and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organisations around the world. Ultimately, we’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our clients and their customers.
If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
What the Organisational Change Management (OCM) team does:
We work with clients in helping them deliver people driven transformation and change in their business and organisations. We do this by providing a range of advisory and hands on services in helping them identify the opportunities for change and plan for how they will realise value from it. Supporting them in considering and leveraging their people at every stage of the journey and embedding sustainable change and transformative outcomes.
OCM plays a key role as part of our broader Advisory practice in working alongside our colleagues in enabling clients to maximise the value from their investment in technology. Working across a wide cross-section of sectors and industries and on scenarios including M&A, back office, and workplace transformation, and designing and executing strategy.
What this role is about:
We are looking for a Manager to join the OCM practice. As a Manager you will be hands-on and working closely with our clients in a strategic change advisor role. You will be advising and providing critical input to them in shaping and driving their change and transformation journeys. You will be leading or supervising project teams and managing less experienced project team members, while also working alongside more senior colleagues in:
- Developing client transformation strategies, in identifying the opportunity for change, the value drivers that will make it successful, and shaping into their roadmap for change
- Creating compelling and robust business and investment cases, aligned to the client's strategy for change and transformation blueprint
- Bringing leading industry practices and capabilities in enabling and fast-tracking learning cycles, within OCM and with our clients
- Leading large-scale transformation and change programmes for our varied clients, incorporating the right blend of methodologies and approaches, in meeting the client need
- Undertaking the detailed design of the client's interdependent target operating model components in supporting the required as-is vision
- Understand and take an active role in managing the financial performance of the practice
- Feeding into the preparation of budgets and forecasts, driving efforts in achieving annual sale targets, and managing wider performance indicators
- Aligning with the OCM capability areas in leading on developing and evolving our relevant proposition and services, and providing strong technical knowledge and expertise
- Driving a clear go to market approach and activity identifying and creating opportunities for cross-collaboration with the wider Avanade business
- Owning the commercial aspects of our projects and wider practice activity in assuring the best outcomes for Avanade
- Maintaining strong relationships with our existing and previous clients and wider external network in a trusted advisor capacity, and a recognised expert in transformation and change
- Establishing yourself as thought leader and go to person. Through internal and external networking and creating opportunities for collaboration and growth, working up to and influencing leadership and decisionmakers
- Taking full accountability for ensuring compliance with our quality and risk management processes. Operating with the highest degree of integrity, being mindful of potential risks and issues, and proactively flagging or addressing these
- Leading marketing and business development activity in developing proposals and pitch documents, to leading on develop innovative insights, market analysis, and thought leadership
What we are looking from you:
We want someone who will be capable of and invested in driving real value and successful outcomes for our clients. While also taking a proactive role in developing and evolving themselves and others. Coaching, mentoring, and managing more junior colleagues. Actively inputting as to how we can add even more value across our markets and clients.
Some of the knowledge areas, skills, experience, and behaviours we would like you to bring are below. This is not an exhaustive list. Conversely, nor do you need to have all of these. We are interested in meeting with changemakers and leaders. Who are at the front of doing work that matters and interested in making a real impact for our clients, teams, and the communities we form part of. As a Manager you will be shaping, driving, and leading what we do as a practice and how we deliver value. Working hand in hand with the practice leader and with clear opportunities to make this happen.
- 6-8+ years' experience of supporting the delivery of change and transformation projects, either within industry or a consultancy
- Strong knowledge and experience across different sectors and industries and deep understanding of the various scenarios and drivers creating the need for change
- Leading change in the broader organisational context and the ability to provide functional expertise based on capability in areas such as Finance, HR, and / or Operations
- Defining and delivery of change and transformation strategies, associated implementation plans, business cases, and operating and governance structures for large scale transformation and change programmes. Including target operating model design, organisational design and reorganisation, cost base rationalisation, and strategy development and mobilisation
- Excellent communication, organisational problem solving and analytical skills; confidence in, and capable of managing communications and engagement at all levels from C-Suite and project sponsorship, through to fellow team members and stakeholders
- Ability to convert data into value driven insights and in ‘telling a story.’ In engaging and influencing stakeholders at all levels
- Resilient, empathetic, respectful, and inclusive of all others and their voices and opinions
- Maintain deep knowledge and understanding of geopolitical environment and societal macroeconomic events and emerging developments. Developing and evolving our propositions and offerings in line with these
What’s in it for you:
- Leadership development and career opportunities supported by a senior leadership network who are invested in seeing you grow and achieve your ambitions
- Opportunity to shape and support the leadership of a dynamic, growing, and client centric consulting practice
- Ability to lead on interesting and varied client projects, partnering with businesses and organisations that are serious about effecting people driven change and transformation
- An attractive salary and on-target compensation plan
- Working alongside subject matter experts and thought leaders in a range of capability areas, in supporting organisations and businesses in tackling real-world and complex challenges across the globe with innovative thinking, approaches, and a world leading toolkit
- Ability to acquire certifications and receive training and development in various disciplines from programme and change management, to leadership and coaching, to technology