Location: Edinburgh, Greater London, Greater Manchester, Tyne and Wear
Job Type: Full time
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Engineer to work in the UK Quality Engineering capability. This is an exciting role leading technical engagements but maintaining a hands-on-role within Quality Engineering where you will have the opportunity to work on leading edge data solutions with a diverse range of FTSE100 clients companies.
- Working as a hands-on Technical Test Lead on complex Azure Data Platform Projects.
- Technical Testing and delivery responsibilities on a complex project including:
-Reporting to a Project Manager and Client Stakeholders during the delivery phase.
-Provide guidance, knowledge, and technical direction to a team of offshore Test Analysts.
-Developing automation frameworks to expedite the testing.
-Managing complex environment requirements across a programme of work.
- Defining test scenarios and test scripts, scheduling work activity within the test team. Transition of Test Scripts and Test Execution to the off-shore team.
- Managing and measuring performance and delivery against work plans and taking corrective action where necessary.
- Hands on test execution becoming the SME for the System Test phases, working directly with the Development, Offshore Test and client UAT teams.
- Defect Triaging of complex System Test and UAT defects.
We are looking for the following experience profile:
- Quality assurance consulting professionals who have come through a technical career path to focus on the QA aspects of SDLC, specifically with deep experience leading QA within custom development / business intelligence environments.
- Significant and demonstrable experience as a Senior Test Analyst or Test Lead gained within a commercial environment such as consulting or systems integration.
- Experience of testing from both a technical and business perspective and being able to gain deep understanding of business context.
- Demonstrable experience producing, writing, and delivering test strategy, plans, specifications, and reports in complex solutions.
- Strong experience working in distributed testing teams, especially offshore teams within an agile / iterative development environment.
- Ability to prioritise workload and tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including customer engagements. Ability to communicate and explain complicated technical issues with client users.
- Formal Quality Assurance certification (ISEB).
- Extensive knowledge of Azure Data Platforms and the full Azure stack.
- Use of Notebooks (Databricks or Synapse) to script and orchestrate testing.
- Good knowledge of writing SQL scripts to reconcile and validate data.
- Proven track record of using DevOps Test Management capability in a Test Automation CI/CD environment.
- Practical experience of operating and management of demanding test environments.
- Proven experience of problem determination and defect triaging.
Applications are only invited from candidates with the right to reside and work within the UK. Candidates should be willing to travel for the purposes of client delivery and collaborating with colleagues.
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Avanade UK is a proud signatory of the Tech Talent Charter