Senior ERP Project Manager (ERP Project Delivery Lead)
Location: Edinburgh, Glasgow City, Greater London, Greater Manchester, Tyne and Wear, West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
Our business is built around complex technology projects which cross business areas and borders with our worldwide client base. Great project management is at the hub of every project and program we touch - creating and implementing plans to meet operational objectives and ensure effectiveness.
The scope of the Delivery Manager’s job is multifaceted, demanding a depth and breadth of business knowledge. As a business leader, you will be responsible for managing and driving front-line operations, and executing projects, programmes and services.
Collaboration is at the heart of our culture and the way we work. Our approach is shaped around the business and IT priorities and based on the latest thinking about digital and cloud solutions, Business Applications and technology services. We also provide market-leading learning opportunities for you to develop your career further. This comes in various forms including online courses, certifications, and external training.
If you are ready to make a genuine human impact with your Delivery Leadership skills, Avanade has countless paths for you to pursue. We will work with you to determine and achieve your unique version of success.
Are you unsure if you meet all the qualifications but deeply excited about the role? We encourage you to apply!
In practice, you will be:
- Responsible for overall project or program delivery and client management.
- Accountable for Managed Delivery practices.
- Own overall delivery – deliver the contractual agreements (SOW)
- Create project artefacts and own project financials
- Manage Client Data Protection (CDP)
- Mentor and manage Avanade and subcontractor staff assigned to the project
- Develop and implement change enablement processes throughout the project
- Contribute to the sales process, including estimating work effort and expenses using Avanade's standard tools
- Engage and partner with appropriate onshore, offshore and near shore workforces, including Service Licensing Agreements (SLAs)
- Direct experience in consulting project management with 5+ years managing teams.
- Results-oriented, you will enjoy working with little structure, and be motivated and able to drive change.
- Core to this role is the ability to think and work systematically and logically to realize results.
- With a sound understanding of business, your career experience will demonstrate proven technical skills and knowledge, including strong communication and negotiating skills.
Technical skills and knowledge
- Strong client management skills, gained through experience working with large Enterprise clients
- Strong governance and contract management experience
- Experience delivering large scale ERP projects in Oracle, SAP, Dynamics 365, Infor or related solutions
- Background in a consulting environment would be advantageous
- Working knowledge of Microsoft platform technologies, will have some Microsoft Azure understanding (e.g. understand common components and how they are used) would be advantageous but not essential
- Communication – Excellent communication skills, capable and confident in CxO meetings, as well as talking to and managing highly technical people
- Process / Compliance – Highly process / quality driven, will drive compliance across teams and projects.
Certification by the Project Management Institute (PMI), PMP is preferred, but not essential.
What we offer
- Together we go beyond. At Avanade we continuously invest in the development of your skills. We help you to keep up to speed with the latest in technology and business and being part of an international environment. As part of a growing organization, you get to grow too. The direction in which you want to grow, is up to you!
- Platform and application training, as well as interpersonal and management training and coaching from a more senior leader who acts as your career advisor.
- Besides an exciting international environment, a unique chance to participate in challenging projects and interaction with inspiring colleagues who have a professional attitude and attach considerable importance to teamwork.
- A diverse environment where respect for our clients, our teams, and the world around us is at the heart of everything we do. Together we do what matters.
- Being a part of a supportive team of world-class experts at Microsoft’s biggest ERP partner