Business Development Manager, Healthcare & Public Sector
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
In support of this journey, we need to capitalize our capabilities and have an Sales lead opportunity within our successful and continually growing Health & Public Services team.
The aim of the role is two-fold.
- To support the growth of our existing strong base of Health industry clients and core business through increased sales focus, supporting the growth strategy and delivering sales and revenue targets.
- To grow Avanade’s presence in the UK Health industry across service delivery organisations (NHS Trusts, ICS, Independent Sector, Regulators) and in the Private Healthcare sector (Providers, Insurers and aligned Medtech companies)
This role will be instrumental in ensuring Avanade achieves these objectives; with a specific focus on selling large scale Microsoft cloud-based solutions in the Health sector. In particular, Microsoft are seeing a real boost in the cloud market and have recently released the Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare (MC4H) in Europe. Avanade are equally seeing significant demand in this area across Azure, Microsoft 365, Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform, and as a result, this is a core strategic pursuit for the business. To support this we have several accelerators and global plays, co-developed through the Accenture Microsoft Business Group (AMBG) that we are now able to offer in this market.
You will bring a deep understanding of healthcare navigation in the UK, encompassing the complete patient journey and referral pathways into both public and private medical care. Capable of initiating discussions at C-suite level across the Health sector (Provider, Insurer, Commissioner), developing long-lasting customer relationships and gaining referrals with new and existing accounts. You will understand Health services procurement and frameworks, have a deep understanding of the needs of various stakeholders, and be able to marshal the right resources with or without direct authority which call for a depth and breadth of business knowledge beyond the business development discipline. The role will be responsible for managing the entire sales lifecycle and driving revenue by prospecting, acquiring and developing new and expanding business with direct clients.Building on known Health industry connections, you will build a pipeline for growth - able to close business, statements of works and contracts. Connecting with clients and forming strong trust relationships which open doors and close deals. Existing relationships with Microsoft is a bonus, but not essential.
You will be familiar with selling directly into NHS Foundation Hospital Trusts.
You will have experience with selling global on/offshore solutions, working with global delivery centers. With a demonstrable proven track record of success in the Health sector with solid new business development experience in white space accounts with £multi+ deals. With previous, solid outsourcing sales experience and a flair for closing deals, you will thrive working with colleagues in a wider team leveraging innovation and exciting customers with your enthusiasm. Your strong connections and your tenacity to be an assertive partner, along with your background in high value services (application development, system integration, outsourcing and infrastructure) will attest to your credibility with senior stakeholders and clients.
You will have the opportunity to be able to support, shape and grow our Health industry business within a global organisation for the #1 Microsoft® Partner.
Day to day, you will:
- Prospect, acquire, develop and expand business leads, including working with Microsoft leads.
- Understand how our consulting and managed services offerings can solve pressing client problems and present these in a compelling way working with subject matter experts
- Manage customer relationships for new and existing accounts.
- Identify opportunities to increase sales volume while ensuring client satisfaction is achieved.
- Work with the market & capability teams to capture client buying patterns and input into offering development.
- Achieve short- and long-term revenue and profit growth by increasing the profitability of a portfolio of accounts by cross-selling service lines, across Applications & Infrastructure, Data & Applied Intelligence, Modern Workplace, and Business Applications.
Candidates will have excellent experience selling into the UK Health sector such as NHS Foundation Hospital Trusts.
Proactive and practical, you will be adept at assessing customer requirements, and selecting appropriate methods to fulfil them. You will be skilled at determining priorities, establishing a systematic course of action to ensure successful completion, and allocating time and resources effectively. Inside and outside Avanade, your interpersonal skills will enable you to leverage your network to facilitate, develop and influence.
Strong customer interface and presentation skills are essential in this role, together with a mind-set of customer service. A skillful negotiator, you will be confident acting as trusted advisor when dealing with customers’ business needs. Experience selling a range of deals from early advisory and consultancy stages, through transformation and into large managed services is key. An understanding of the advantages of a global delivery capability and also the ability to leverage it in sales pursuits will be a significant advantage.
At a minimum, you will have sold multi-year work into clients with tangible business outcomes which can be described.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business, sales or marketing recommended
As with any role within a global professional services environment, the flexibility to travel - predominately around the UK - is a prerequisite.