Data & AI Project Manager - UK - Future Opportunities
Location: Edinburgh, Glasgow City, Greater London, Greater Manchester, Tyne and Wear
Job Type: Full time
RECRUITING FOR THE FUTURE
This posting is for a future job opportunity.
To support the needs of our clients, Avanade is actively recruiting and interviewing for the role outlined below, as we continue to build on another year of growth in our business. What does this mean for you? We encourage you to apply and interview for this role without the need to decide now. This allows you to connect with leaders and hiring managers at a pace that works for you and when roles become available, you will be the first know.
Avanade is looking for Project Managers to join our fast-growing service delivery practice.
Our business is built around complex technology projects which cross business areas and borders with our worldwide client base. Great project management is at the hub of every project and program we touch - creating and implementing plans to meet operational objectives and ensure effectiveness.
The scope of the Project Manager’s job is multifaceted, demanding a depth and breadth of business knowledge. As a business leader, you will be responsible for managing and driving front-line operations, and executing projects, programmes and services.
To excel in this role, you will use your strategic outlook while maintaining a strong practical focus on day-to-day activities and changing requirements. Balancing scope, schedule, budget, quality and risks, your monitoring and reporting processes will enable a fast response to any issue. As a great communicator, you’ll build a collaborative team, forge strong client and partner relationships, and manage stakeholder expectations internally and externally.
About the role
This is an opportunity for a consultative Project Manager to deliver cutting edge cloud based data solutions, leveraging agile delivery principles alongside modern technology to deliver significant commercial advantage to our clients.
The consulting Project Manager is a role for ambitious high-performers. Successful candidates will benefit from enhanced career and personal development opportunities in multiple disciplines including commercial, program and business leadership.
Managing the full lifecycle of complex business intelligence projects from pre-sales and bid support through to discovery, estimation, development, testing, deployment and post-implementation review.
- Delivery of the project to time, cost and quality.
- Ownership of risks and issues to resolution.
- Forming partnerships with highly skilled technical resources, both onshore and offshore, and working closely to deliver the scope of the project.
- Challenging technical decisions and estimates from a project management perspective.
- Understanding technical concepts and being able to explain them to business stakeholders.
- Managing all aspects of project delivery including project planning, resourcing, milestone tracking, commercial management and customer satisfaction.
- Presenting updates within client project boards.
- Identifying further opportunities within clients and ensuring their progression.
- Strong client management skills, gained through experience working with a variety of clients
- Strong governance and contract management experience
- Experience delivering agile projects and distributed delivery
- Ideally someone with consulting experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft platform technologies, will have some Microsoft Azure understanding (e.g., understand common components and how they are used).
- Communication – Excellent communication skills, capable and confident in stakeholder meetings, as well as talking to and managing highly technical people
- Process / Compliance – Highly process / quality driven, will drive compliance across teams and projects.
Your qualifications should include a Batchelor's degree in business or a technology-related field.
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Private Medical Cover, Income Protection Policy, Extended benefits, Bonus, 80 hours per annum studying towards Microsoft Certifications, generous pension and much more!
- Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
- Dedicated career advisor to encourage your progression
- Engaged and helpful co-workers genuinely interested in helping you
You’ve got this!