Europe Managed Security Services Lead
Location: Edinburgh, Glasgow City, Greater London, Greater Manchester, Surrey, Tyne and Wear, West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
There is one in every group - the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life. Are you that person?
The one who isn’t afraid to break the mold and gets passionate about the critical role that Cybersecurity has to enable our clients to successfully transform into Digital first organizations, with modern security to support the hybrid world of work we live in, We are building teams of people to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what is next.
We are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there is no time for that linear process. Avanade partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being daring, imaginative – and fast. We believe big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, encourage, and support our clients and each other.
At Avanade you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organizations around the world. Ultimately, we are not just making business better and more secure - we are making life better for our clients and protecting the trust of their customers.
Does this sound interesting?
As a part of the European Managed Services team, in a highly visible and strategic leadership role, the Security Managed Services Lead for Europe will act as a strategic leader and business builder “leading from the front”. Supported by a best-in-class team of technologists, the goal of material sales growth and increased market share will be achieved through direct client engagement and deal coaching for key strategic, security deals in Europe predominantly, but supporting Globally as required for strategic pursuits. The location for this role is flexible.
Demonstrating an innovative and entrepreneurial approach, you will achieve and exceed growth targets and establish Avanade as a leader in the Managed Security Services (MSS) space.
As a member of a matrixed environment, you will create and deliver innovative Managed Security Services solutions using our Security Led portfolio of services encompassing Application and Platform Security, Identity and Access Management, Data Protection, Cloud Security and Managed Extended Detection and Response (MXDR), each anchored with capabilities from the Microsoft platform and with our strategic partner, and our parent Accenture’s, Security capabilities.
In addition, a key aspect of this role is to collaborate with your peers to ensure our secure by design approach is successfully realized within our other managed services.
Through our Managed Services, we aim to deliver long term outcome-based partnerships that enable our clients to realize the power of the Microsoft Security ecosystem, leveraging our unique Manage, Defend and Evolve approach.
In this exciting role, you will:
- Collaborate with Europe area and regional leadership, as well as colleagues in other areas, the Integrated Go To Market and Center of Excellence, ISV partners and others, to implement a strategy that drives Security Managed Services origination and sales across the regions, in both our partner and direct business channels.
- Spend 50% of your time involved in client activities including origination, business case, solutioning and contracting.
- Personally drive the strategic relationship, commercial shaping, and capture of large-scale managed services opportunities.
- Support Europe and regional Sales Leads to enable their team’s attainment of regional Managed Services sales targets.
- Actively partner with regional 1) leadership, 2) client account teams and 3) practice leaders 4) Accenture Security leadership 5) Advanced Technology Centers and 6) partner contacts, including Microsoft to drive origination and sales initiatives measured through pipeline growth.
- Educate account leadership and business development teams on our Security Managed Services Portfolio and the respective legal and contracting specifics of MSS deals.
- Actively support, in a hands-on capacity, each region with their Managed Services sales strategy, sales forecast, campaigns, and capabilities.
- Engage subject matter experts to bring technology differentiation and specifics into the managed service solution.
The ideal candidate must have a strong and broad foundation across our Managed Security Services portfolio, with an understanding of advisory/strategy, consulting, solutioning or service delivery background, with customer facing skills and the ability to lead, transform, and manage services offerings from a technology, sales and delivery perspective.
- Typically, 10+ years in roles of increasing responsibility within professional services, consulting or technology firms, passionate about the development and delivery of managed services solutions.
- Proven ability to drive strategic sales pursuits including executive stakeholder management.
- Extensive experience in solutioning multi-tower deals, including security and other Solution Areas, to identify optimization and synergies to deliver the most compelling client proposal.
- Significant experience in C-suite (and minus one) client interactions including presentations, workshops and joint solutioning.
- Experience successfully leading, implementing, and deploying innovative go to market strategies (all sales and marketing initiatives) across large scale services-based opportunities.
- Experience working within a matrixed business model, leveraging various business partners and stakeholders to increase impact.
- Experience with multi-model delivery leveraging onshore/nearshore/offshore teams.
- Ability togather customer requirements and produce high quality written deliverables.
- Career focus on Managed Security Services and Microsoft Security Solutions
- Demonstrated understanding of Microsoft technologies and strategy, with understanding of the broader Security ecosystem technologies.
- Understanding of service delivery frameworks such as ITILv4 and Agile.
- Conversant in the implications/requirements of deploying and managing security solutions.
- Market understanding of industry trends for managed security services.
- BA/BS degree or relevant technology business leadership experience.
- Travel to meet with clients and support sales pursuits, as required.