Senior/Principal Systems Engineer - Requirements %26 Acceptance
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior/Principal Systems Engineer – Requirements and Acceptance
Location: Barrow-in-Furness, Brough, Filton, Weymouth, Portsmouth and Frimley We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Understanding our customers’ challenging needs and undertaking requirements elicitation and communication
- Leading, facilitating and supporting the requirements change management process(es)
- Deriving functional requirements for systems, sub-systems and components
- Providing assurance of functionally coherent designs
- Supporting the design certification process
- Taking accountability for technical work packages
- Providing leadership, guidance and coaching to other engineers
- Steering new systems development through implementation of best practice systems lifecycle processes
- Working with customers to support delivered systems and resolve issues
- For S5 grade, you’ll also have people manager responsibilities in this role
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree level qualification in relevant STEM subject (Engineering/ Physics/ Math's/ Science) or equivalent industry / armed forces experience
- Significant experience in Requirements elicitation and management and/or design certification and acceptance of complex products and systems and experience of using requirements management tools (DOORs, Cradle)
- Understanding of relevant engineering standards, including safety and environmental regulations
Experience undertaking other Systems Engineering activities. This should include some combination of:
- Requirements Engineering and Management (DOORs)
- Systems Architecting via Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) (Sparx Enterprise Architect, Cameo, UML, SysML, MoDAF, NAF, UAF)
- Implementing and Governing Engineering Lifecycles
- Defining and managing System interfaces
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Systems Engineer teams:
Our broad range of Systems teams cover all aspects of the products design throughout its lifecycle implementing a variety of tool and techniques tailored to support the specialist requirements of our products. From Agile methodologies to a Model Based Approach to Systems Engineering we are keen in maintaining our role as a leader in the field of Defence engineering by investing in our people.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.