Senior/Principal Systems Engineer - Process %26 Governance
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Senior/Principal Systems Engineer - Process and Governance
Location: Barrow-in-Furness, Frimley, Bristol, Portsmouth, Weymouth and Brough. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing, deploying and governing engineering process across a broad group of multi-disciplinary
- Tailoring, documenting and communicating variants of product development lifecycles to meet the specific needs of programmes and systems of systems
- Providing engineering governance across multiple delivery programmes
- Supporting non-engineering stakeholders in a complex engineering development environment
- Providing leadership, guidance and coaching to other engineers
- Steering new systems development through implementation of best practice systems lifecycle processes
- Working with customers to support delivered systems and resolve issues
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent experience) in relevant STEM subject (Engineering/ Physics/ Maths/ Science).
- Significant experience in complex systems development across multiple lifecycle phases.
- Understanding of relevant engineering standards, including safety and environmental regulations.
Experience undertaking other Systems Engineering activities. This should include some combination of:
- Requirements Engineering and Management
- Systems Architecting via Model Based Systems Engineering (UML, SysML etc)
- Systems Integration, Verification and Validation
- Defining and managing System interfaces
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Systems Engineering team:
Our broad range of Systems teams cover all aspects of the products design throughout its lifecycle implementing a variety of tool and techniques tailored to support the specialist requirements of our products. From Agile methodologies to a Model Based Approach to Systems Engineering we are keen in maintaining our role as a leader in the field of Defence engineering by investing in our people.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may
affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.