Senior / Principal Engineer - Electrical Engineering (Power)
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title:Engineers - Electrical Engineering (Power)
Location:Barrow, Filton, Manchester, and Portsmouth (Hybrid - On-site 2 days per fortnight)
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role
What you’ll be doing:
- Undertaking functional design, providing specialist advice and producing evidence in support of legislative, safety and technical requirements
- Liaising with internal and external customers as part of a technical team
- Undertaking peer reviews
- Articulating and presenting technical arguments, clearly, logically and simply
- Executing, evaluating, delivering and managing complex engineering and/or cross functional tasks/ programmes of work recognising stakeholder and customer requirements
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for personal and team development to ensure that professional capability of the business and individual are maintained and improved
Your skills and experience:
- Significant experience of working within a relevant Engineering role to industry codes and standards. Ideal but not essential, experience of supporting submarines or their subsystems/equipment.
- Significant experience of working in complex design programmes
- Significant experience of working on Electrical Power Systems covering elements such as Low Voltage AC, DC, and Electrical Distribution and Protection.
- Degree qualified (Electrical Engineering) or equivalent Engineering experience, chartered Engineer
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Power Engineering team:
We need experienced Electrical Power Engineers who are ready to push the boundaries of Engineering Excellence in the design and manufacture of a new generation of Royal Navy Submarines.
You will be able to see beneath the surface and discover more about the challenges and triumphs behind some of the most complex engineering projects ever undertaken. Do you think you have what it takes?
We have multiple positions focussing on the following activities:
- Power Systems Architecture
- Power Generation and Distribution – both AC & DC
- Power System Protection and Co-ordination
- Power System Operation
- Power Electronics
- Power System Earth Fault Monitoring
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.