Model Based Systems Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Air-Model Based Systems Engineer
Location: Christchurch. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role
Salary: Up to £60,000
What you’ll be doing:
- Creation and delivery of architectural artefacts
- Completion of ad-hoc (architecture related) project tasking
- Stakeholder engagement workshops
- Supporting the System Requirements and Design Teams
- Providing guidance and mentoring to other engineers
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience developing architectures and models from a Sosa level into solution architectures and systems design
- Experience in the use of two or more of the following frameworks: MODAF, NAF, Arcadia and ArchiMate
- Experience with standard architectural modelling tools e.g. System Architect, Sparx EA, MooD, SysML and MBSE
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to communicate technically with Engineering teams and the customer
- This role will require SC Clearance
- Defence industry/military experience across multiple domains (Land, maritime, Air, Cyber and Space)
- Familiarity with autonomous vehicles concepts
- A background in systems and/or software design and development
- An understanding of Requirements processes and associated tools (e.g. DOORS)
- ArchiMate or TOGAF Certification
- Qualified with STEM degree or IT equivalent qualification
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Model Based Systems Engineer team:
As a Model Based Systems Engineer you will be working with our Principle MBSE Engineer who is an experienced and knowledgeable Systems Thinking Practitioner, understands Systems concepts Super-system capability issues, and the Enterprise and technology environment.
You should be able to define system boundaries and external interfaces, understand and assess the interaction between humans and systems, and systems and systems, identify and manage complexity with appropriate techniques in order to reduce risk and predict resultant system behaviour.
The Digital Intelligence team:
Customers increasingly demand information and technology solutions delivering advantage, communications, planning, operations, and cyber protection. C5ISR within Digital Intelligence is where we design and build cutting edge IT solutions for incorporation into products and services.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.