BAE Systems UK
Location: United Kingdom
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Solutions Architect
Location: Within Shared Services we embrace Hybrid working and this role will predominantly mean you will be able to work from home with travel to any other BAE Systems or Customer sites determined by your business/team requirements. This may be flexed up or down accordingly in line with business needs.
Salary: Competitive - commensurate with skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Defining the solution architecture and design for the project to meet business and system requirements, within the project constraints of cost and timescale, and the agreed architectural and technical framework
- Capturing the as-is application, data and technology architectures for the assigned projects
- Defining the to-be application, data and technology architectures for the assigned projects
- Ensuring, and where 3rd party elements are provided, assuring, that the overall functional and technical design of the solution is acceptable and fit for purpose
- Providing Project Technical Authority leadership of the IM&T solution and associated development team, ensuring that the solution architecture and design is as required and is communicated effectively
- Liaising with the product suppliers, COTS component vendors and sub-contract development and test teams
- Ensuring consistency and integrity of the solution implementation through overseeing the solution development process, and production of development work products
- Providing design management and governance through the operation of change and configuration management activities
- Working effectively with the Project Managers to support the development of the project plan, through assisting with the compilation, reviewing estimates and schedules, and identifying risks and approach to reviews
- Engaging with customers, stakeholders and suppliers to develop system requirements and solution design
Your skills and experiences:
- Proven experience in delivering IM&T solutions together with associated architecture deliverables
- Proven experience in design, development, test and release of Information Systems
- Proven knowledge and experience of working within architecture frameworks e.g. TOGAF
- Understanding of IM&T / software development lifecycle (including methodologies e.g. Agile) and associated reviews, policies, standards and governance processes
- Previous experience of technical leadership e.g. acting as a Technical Authority
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Shared Services EIT projects team:
The Shared Services EIT projects deliver a wide range of IM&T services into multiple Business Groups/Areas covering Technology portfolios such as EUC, Mobility, Hosting, Network, Collaboration, Platforms and Security and Business Systems portfolios such as Finance, Procurement, HR and Export Control. The successful candidate will be assigned to work on multiple projects at any one time depending on the size of the projects working closely with the Project Manager and associated roles covering business change/analysis, service design, security and product development.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.