Senior Systems Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Christchurch. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role
Salary: £52,500 per annum
What you’ll be doing:
- Understanding and interpreting customer requirements
- Creation of high level and detailed systems designs
- Develop an understanding of existing commercial, military and emerging technologies suitable for secure tactical communications
- Innovate and push the boundaries to create new and novel products
- Production of technical documentation and drawings
- Support to product lifecycles, including verification, validation and product compliance
- Support to planning and estimating
- Management of technical risks
- You’ll also have people manager responsibilities in this role
Your skills and experiences:
- Requirements engineering and management
- Systems engineering tools and processes
- Experience throughout the engineering lifecycle
- Configuration management
- Verification and validation
- Ideally degree qualification in related (STEM) subject or equivalent experience
- Security Clearance or willingness to obtain
The role will offer the opportunity to work across multiple engineering disciplines with the following skills/experience identified as desirable:
- Information systems and security architectures
- Military projects and programmes
- Familiarity of networking products and capabilities
- Understanding of RF technologies
- Product safety engineering, including familiarity with CE/UK CA Marking
- Hardware engineering with experience in electrical engineering/safety
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
At the BAE Systems Defence Information team, we design and develop leading mission critical and highly secure, assured information systems, services and networks, with a drive to realise information advantage for our customers using world class solutions, and require skilled and passionate people to work with us to deliver on these commitments we make to our customers.
We are looking for experienced Systems Designers to join our established teams and work closely with our customers on their secure tactical communication projects and innovations.
Using cutting edge commercial and military technologies, you will design and help develop the solutions for the operational environment.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.