Application Support Associate - Product Development CAD Specialist
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: CAD Associate
Location: Barrow-in-Furness. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide high quality support and guidance and display excellent professional behaviours
- Assist in the delivery of discipline specific support and training to key stakeholders in the business in the main, but not limited to the engineering design team
- Support and deliver incident resolutions and user requests to ensure timely service delivery in line with service level agreement
- Display good task management skills for both project and business as usual demand.
- Engage with vendor(s) to ensure software bugs are reported and software requirements are delivered.
- Conduct and assist with system integration and user acceptance testing for software upgrades.
- Display excellent customer focus and engagement
Your skills and experiences:
- Excellent CAD knowledge and experience
- Experience of working in a role with a range of complex deliverables
- Engineering domain knowledge
- Problem Solving & Business Analysis techniques
- Demonstrate an understanding in project leadership/management and processes/tools
- An understanding of training needs analysis and an ability to design and deliver classroom-based training
- Technical report creation
- Excellent task management, technical and people skills.
- Excellent Customer Focus.
Consideration will be given to applicants who do not have all the skills, experience and qualifications detailed in the above points but can demonstrate an aptitude and desire to develop into such a role.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The IM&T team:
You will join a team supporting around 800 CAD designers in the use of a range of CAD software's to develop and manage an evolving 3D submarine design and ensure that data authored in the CAD tool is correct so that it flows cleanly through the lifecycle of the complex design and build process.
The role will include; assisting in the development of new and enhanced capabilities, the resolution and management of end user incidents including root cause and trend analysis to strive for excellent customer satisfaction, the development and delivery of end user training, a close liaison with business key users to influence and seek out opportunities for business improvements.
The role will also give you an opportunity to develop a clear career development path that will be supported with regular training and opportunities to progress within the team
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.