Application Support Practitioner - Product Development CAD Specialist
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Support Practitioner-Product Development CAD Specialist
Location: Barrow in Furness. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Dependant on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide leadership support and guidance and display good people management skills.
- Lead and manage discipline specific support and training to key stakeholders in the business in the main, but not limited to the engineering design team.
- Manage incidence and user requests to ensure timely service delivery in line with service level agreement.
- Display good task management skills for both project and business as usual demand.
- Engage with vendor(s) to ensure software bugs are reported and software requirements are delivered.
- Lead and manage system integration and user acceptance testing for software upgrades.
- Display excellent customer focus and engagement
Your skills and experiences:
- Excellent CAD knowledge and experience.
- Experience of working in a role with a range of complex deliverables.
- Engineering domain knowledge.
- Problem Solving & Business Analysis techniques.
- Demonstrate an understanding in project leadership/management and processes/tools.
- Technical report creation.
- Excellent task management, technical and people leadership skills.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The IM&T Product Development team:
You will join a team supporting around 800 CAD designers in the use of a range of CAD software's to develop and manage an evolving 3D submarine design and ensure that data authored in the CAD tool is correct so that it flows cleanly through the lifecycle of the complex design and build process.
The role will include; leading the development of new and enhanced capabilities, the resolution and management of end user incidents including root cause and trend analysis to strive for excellent customer satisfaction, the development and delivery of end user training, a close liaison with business key users to influence and seek out opportunities for business improvements.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.