Product Safety Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Product Safety Engineer
Location: Christchurch / Yeovil /Guildford - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role
What you’ll be doing:
- Capturing product safety and product environmental requirements
- Preparing, maintaining, and managing the implementation of Project Safety and Environmental
- Management plans, ensuring product safety is managed in a cost-effective manner
- Carrying out the following: Hazard identification, analysis, and review; hazard log management; analysis of product safety risk and its mitigation; safety review of designs, and verifying safety requirements
- Constructing safety arguments/justifications
- Supporting Product Safety & Environmental Committees
- Completing product safety checklists and safety statements as required for Design Certification
- Providing advice and guidance to project teams on product safety and product environmental issues
- Supporting bids for product safety issues
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience of reviewing and assuring Safety Cases and Safety Arguments/ Safety Justifications/ Safety Case Reports
- A broad engineering experience with electrical and electronic equipment, from design through to in-service use
- Knowledge of UK military and Export Military environments
- A sound understanding of: Safety and Environmental Legislation and Standards, and requirements of DEF STAN 00-051, and DEF STAN 00-056, including earlier issues of 00-56
- A proven track record in the application of hazard identification, analysis, and safety risk assessment techniques
- The safety aspects of legislative compliance with various UK Products Legislation for UK CA Marking, and the equivalent EU Directives and Regulations, e.g., LVD, EMC, and RED for EU CE marking (including various means of compliance such as DEF STAN 59-411, BS EN 62368-1, etc)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Digital Intelligence team:
Customers increasingly demand information and technology solutions delivering advantage, communications, planning, operations and cyber protection. C5ISR within Digital Intelligence is where we design and build cutting edge IT solutions for incorporation into products and services.
The Product Safety team:
Would you like to play a key role within product safety, carrying out tasks required to support the design authority for one or multiple projects?
As a Product Safety Engineer, you will be supporting the projects' technical authorities in their generation of safety engineering deliverables and activities.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work on a range of exciting projects that can enable career development. There is also an opportunity to travel between a range of sites to carry out scopes of work.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.