Senior Engineer - Product Safety %26 Environment
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Engineer - Product Safety & Environment
Location: Barrow-In-Furness (Hybrid) - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role
What you’ll be doing:
- Working in a growing multi-programme product safety and environmental capability with a team of experienced Product Safety and Environmental Engineers (with a range of qualification and experience) delivering quality outputs to a defined programme schedule
- Undertaking Product Safety functional design analysis (Hazard Identification and Hazard Analysis) to support a range of Submarine Programmes
- Producing Product Safety functional justification reports for a range of Submarine Programmes
- Providing specialist Safety advice to system engineers on a range of Submarine Programmes
- Interfacing with internal & external stakeholders on a range of Submarine Programmes
Your skills and experiences:
- Understanding of Safety Management Systems
- Experience and/or understanding of techniques to support Hazard Identification (HAZID) and Hazard Analysis (HAZAN)
- Experience of producing Formal Safety Assessments
- STEM degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Proven record of team working
- Proven record of delivering quality outputs to schedule
- Experience of producing technical reports to a high standard
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Engineering Delivery team:
As a Senior Engineer – Product Safety, you will be supporting the Engineering Delivery Organisations in all facets of Product Safety Engineering, throughout all stages of Life Cycle Management. You will provide the Engineering Delivery Manager (Safety & Environment) with technical product safety advice relevant to Structural, Mechanical, Electrical and Control & Instrumentation engineering systems, equipment, procedures, and standards in support of the Whole Boat Safety Cases. The company will provide support in working towards professional Chartership.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.